cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Unstable Connection despite being hardwired

Hi,

I have my surface pro directly hardwired into my router, but I still sometimes receive an unstable connection (yellow and red) when I play and the quality of the game will fluctuate from clear to pixelated every so often.

The game that I play is Destiny 2 at balanced performance. The below is what I’ve been getting, HOWEVER, usually it’s between 50-3000 packets lost and average packet lost is around 0.0017-0.003%  I’m not sure what is the problem  I’ve tried different Ethernet cables, also just on wifi. But it is usually the same result.

E5562AB9-4DFE-42A3-BB6F-EE877D5E7FE0.jpeg

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

That Jitter Buffer is pretty big, which may be an indication your internet connection isn't able to provide a consistent stream, and since you're seeing the same issue via WiFi and Ethernet, that points at the internet connection itself as well. Is anything else going on over that same connection at the same time? Streaming video, photo uploads, etc.? What is the provisioned speed on the internet connection? Is it reliable in general? What does an internet speed test show?

0 Kudos
Community Member

Hi,

This decrease in connection quality occurs both when there are no other devices streaming/uploading as well as when there are other devices connected.  I recently moved and was given a new router/modem set-up, so I haven't had awhile to assess whether the speed is reliable. Presently, my internet speed is 241.52Mbps download, 87.72Mbps upload and 8 ping ms. 

Is there a way to reduce or eliminate the jitter buffer? 

0 Kudos