cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Unstable Connection, despite 109 mbps

The game opens, it says "checking your connection", and then it tells me that my connection is too unstable to play. I run a speed test, and it's always over 100 mbps.

I'm using my desktop computer with ethernet, not wifi. I've turned off wifi on my phone, tablet, and laptop, and it still tells me it's too unstable. I've run the speed test countless times, and it's always stable at 106-109 mbps.

For sh*ts and giggles, I decided to try it on my laptop using wi-fi, and it opens no problem, but is unplayable due to the lag, and constantly tells me that it may close, due to an unstable connection. (why does it ALMOST work with wifi, but won't work with ethernet..the stronger source...?)

I contacted Google Support, and they were of no help. Any ideas?

1 Kudo
5 Replies
Community Member

Try these steps

8dd0658-1.png

0 Kudos
Community Member

Thank you; I saw that last night and ran through it, but still no luck unfortunately. 

I don't get what's going on here. Is this a common problem with Stadia?

1 Kudo
Community Member

0 Kudos
Community Member

It seems to be a little hit and miss. I play with a Chromecast ultra on my TV and the experience has been amazing, I've also played on my phone with a very smooth experience. I play on my work laptop on wifi with maybe 35-50 Mbps (not a very fast computer, btw) and occasionally I get some stutters or lag but it normally performs great. But on my high end personal laptop on the same WiFi network the lag is terrible and I can't fix it. When it works it's fantastic but when it doesn't it's frustrating. I'm fortunate enough to have had a pretty good experience across most of my devices and I know a lot of people have had the same, but I also know people having issues. Try the stadia subreddit, there tends to be more people willing to help over there. Hope you get it working, I've thoroughly enjoyed it. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

@shano508  Maybe it helps to lower the data usage and presentation settings in the stadia app on your mobile if you haven't done that already. And see if there is a new update from google chrome. and close all programs / apps that running in the background on your laptop or computer. and use the chrome settings inconito tho use stadia

0 Kudos