cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Unable to hold down keys on GRID

As the title suggests, I randomly lose random controls to the game. I am suddenly not able to turn or I lose the ability to accelerate or brake. I have disabled all extensions except for the windowed extension as it is the only way to play it in a window.

4 Kudos
8 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Pologuy66 

I know this behavior from other games like Serious Sam. It seems that some games are not perfectly ported to use controller AND keyboard input. Do you have any controller like an XBox one to check if this happens using them, too?

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
0 Kudos
Community Member

I don't have a controller but from what I heard, it is a keyboard only problem.

1 Kudo
Community Member

This is a huge problem. Couple of friends stop playing Stadia because of this.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I posted about this specifically in GRID too. You can rebind the keys to different ones and try again but they will eventually stop working too.

3 Kudos
Community Member

Same problem here, for example after a bit of lag suddenly buttons used for steering like , or . are not working anymore. The problem is that rebinding does not work. The only way is to shutdown the whole game and launch stadia again.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Same problem here. Im a fairly new user.

ALWAYS happens on GRID after 10 min or so of play. The keys become unresponsive. Rebinding them does help for a small while however they also stop working eventually. Restart the whole game seems to fix it. VERY ODD!

1 Kudo
Community Member

The only work around I have at this time is Universal Control Remapper (https://github.com/Snoothy/UCR) to emulate a xbox or dualshock controller.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Which keyboards are you guys using?

I am using a Corsair K70 and have this issue not only in Grid but also in PUBG. Looks to me like some kind of ghosting issue (multiple keys pressed at once). 

0 Kudos