cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Trouble getting games playing

So I’ve been having a problem with using my new Stadia subscription. Whenever I click on a game to play, it shows the cover image, loads for a while and then tells me to reopen the game to play (which comes up no matter how many times I actually reopen the game). I don’t think it’s my connection, because according to the speed test my connection is great. Could it be the device I’m playing on? I’m using a the Chrome browser (with desktop site enabled) on my Lenovo Yoga Book which is running Android 7.1.1. I feel like it might just be the device, but it would be nice to have some confirmation on this by someone who knows what they’re talking about. Cheers.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@HW123 

Have you got access to any other devices that you are able to run a test with instead?

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

If you’re asking if I’m able to run the speed test on other devices, then yes. I’ve run it on a few other devices and they all say the same thing.

If you’re asking if I have any other devices that I can access my Stadia games on, then the answer is no. I wish I did have one of the listed supported phones or even just a Windows PC, but I simply don’t. However, I would have thought that I’d still be able to play my games through the Chrome browser on my Yoga Book.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Guess I should just give up on Stadia then. Shame that, actually thought it could be good, but Google just doesn’t want me to use it on my laptop apparently. Awesome.

0 Kudos