cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Stuttering on all games

Hello everyone, i hope this is the right place to post this topic. Im currently experiencing stuttering when playing any game every minute for 3 seconds. Below is the setup i have and the steps I've already taken:

Setup:

- Macbook pro 13 inch

- Google Chrome browser

- Stadia Pro

- Best visual quality

- PS4 controller

- WiFi extender in my room

Steps Taken:

- Set performance to balanced, didnt work, set it to best quality, didnt work

- Enabled hardware acceleration on Chrome

- Disabled location services on the macbook pro (Because i heard that was working for some people)

- tested my internet speed in my room on the computer, and its 398.1 Mbps

What else can i do? Am i missing anything? Or is this a common occurrence?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

You might want to turn off some of the location services on your Mac as described here. https://community.stadia.com/t5/Getting-Started-With-Stadia/Troubleshooting-wifi-latency-in-MacOS/td... That helped for me.

In general it seems that most 'stuttering' and lag issues are caused by things outside of Chrome. More often than not by the OS itself doing a bit too much networking. There is a reason preferred stadia play is with Chromecast and the Stadia controller. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I did that actually.

so someone on reddit recommend that I use a usb-c to Ethernet adapter on my MacBook so I ordered one and am waiting for it to get in.

i turned off all location services, and the laptop is right next to my WiFi extender. Also, I timed it and the connection was dropping from excellent to fail every minute for 3 seconds.

0 Kudos