cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Stuttering and laggy on chrome

As we all know, Doom eternal comes tomorrow and I can not thank Google enough to give me the opportunity to play FPS with a mouse and keyboard. That being said ; I have a 2017 macbook air and playing on chrome is very laggy and stuttering... I turned down all my background app, and use Canary, while better still has lot of stuttering... Am I the only one experiencing this?

On Chromecast and phone (2.4g), it is perfect especially on newer games like The Division 2, it is perfect, I do not know how they do it but I have no latency, feels like playing my xbox but on chrome... No latency but lot of stuttering

1 Kudo
12 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Have you tried the stadia controller on your Mac ?

I didn't try Xbox controller but for me, if I use the mouse it's very stuttering. But with stadia controller (still on Chrome and windows 10) I have no issue 

And is it the same as this 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/fnithf/personal_request_to_my_fellow_mouse_and_keyboard/?ut...

If yes , fill a report. More report we do, faster they will answer 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I've been having a lot of similar issues.  Playing with Chrome in incognito with controller.  Usually it will be fine, after 10 minutes or so the controller will lockup and I have to refresh the page to fix it.  After the refresh everything gets pixelated and glitchy.  I get popups saying my connection is unstable and eventually get kicked with the "you need a better connection to play" message.  I have Fios Gig and my computer is hard lined into my firewall (not using Verizons crappy router).  I check speeds and everything is fine.

Sometimes fully exiting the game fixes the issues, other times it doesn't.  I have no issues on chromecast or my phone.

stadia isue.JPG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Have 5he same issue. My laptop is a bit old. But has 6gb ram core i5 has no trouble with streaming anything or with speed test comes back as excellent. But laggy and stuttering like crazy. .unplayable for me on Chrome. At least on my only PC in the house. It runs Win10. Also tried booting debian and elementary OS but same thing with both chrome and chromium. Maybe it's just my hardware. But connection seems great for everything else :?

0 Kudos