cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Stuttering and laggy on chrome

As we all know, Doom eternal comes tomorrow and I can not thank Google enough to give me the opportunity to play FPS with a mouse and keyboard. That being said ; I have a 2017 macbook air and playing on chrome is very laggy and stuttering... I turned down all my background app, and use Canary, while better still has lot of stuttering... Am I the only one experiencing this?

On Chromecast and phone (2.4g), it is perfect especially on newer games like The Division 2, it is perfect, I do not know how they do it but I have no latency, feels like playing my xbox but on chrome... No latency but lot of stuttering

3 Kudos
23 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Do you have anything enabled at chrome://flags? If so, reset those options to the default and restart Chrome to see if that has any impact. 

You might also try running Stadia in an Incognito Window to try to eliminate issues related to your browser profile.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I give up... I tried everything I saw on the web and nothing worked... Incognito, canary, flags, incognito in canary, browser update... It is not like my mac is crap, it is a 2017 MacBook Air that perfectly run xcode, Android studio, Android emulator... But not stadia...?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

How about a browser settings reset?
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214

Also, does it make any difference whether you use keyboard+mouse or a controller?

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@codesplice same, weither I use the controller, an external mouse or trackpad, it is the same. Although it is better than before, the issue is still there... There is no latency but stuttering, this is sad since I really want to play fps with a mouse and keyboard... I mean stadia made me enjoy FPS games because I hated them in console. I really hope this issues gets solved... 

I mean I get console experience, mobile experience (especially when the touch stadia will be added to the app)

And PC experience...

This is gold just need to fix that Chrome thing

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@jayo2k That sucks. 😞

I'm afraid I don't really know my way around Macs so I can't personally offer any recommendations outside of the Chrome browser itself (which we've already covered). So I'm gonna have to bow out here, but I'd encourage you to use the Feedback option in Stadia to report your experience to the devs. Maybe there's something that can be optimized from their end.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have the same problem with stuttering. I have tried Chrome Browser, incognito tab and new edge browser. Always the same problem. Games are all stuttering with mouse and keyboard and have blurry visuals. Speedtest says 900 mbit/sec with Ethernet, Stadia says "excellent" connection and 4K is on. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Pheenix Are you also on a Mac?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

No Windows 10

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I think that chrome thing is the only weak point on Stadia... If they solve this, it will be magic. Plying FPS on laptop is gold

0 Kudos