cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mexflex
Community Member

Stadia won't run on my Chromebook.

I have a Lenovo C330 Chromebook. I can't get Stadia to work on my Chromebook. When I startup a game Stadia keeps checking the connection but it doesn't work. It works great on my Chromecast and my windows laptop. Can you help me getting it to work on my Chromebook? I have already tried to run it in a ingongnito tab and I have resetten all chrome flags. Regards Erik

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
Highlighted
Valynor
Community Member

Try running Stadia in a guest session. Make sure hardware acceleration is enabled in the settings. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BenEurope
Community Member

I did have a problem, that at least sounds similar. Whenever I tried to start Stadia on Chromebook, it apperaed to start the game only to drop out again immediately. On PC I had the same problem but noticed that chrome was trying to open a pop-up. Sure enough. Enabling pop-ups for stadia.com did resolve the issue both on chrome for PC as well as on my chromebook. Hope it helps you as well.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Northlight
Community Member

@Mexflex I resolved that issue by powerwashing my Chromebook it's fast and painless anyway. It append to me twice and I resolved it this way both times. 

Try it out and let me know how it worked we can move from there. Talk to you soon.

I collect Kudos for living.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
codesplice Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Northlight a less extreme solution might be to reset browsing data and permissions for stadia.com. If you add Stadia to your Chromebook as an app and pin it to the Shelf, you can just right-click -> App info to jump straight to the right spot.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Northlight
Community Member

@codesplice I had the issue in the app and in the browser. That been the case I suppose it rules out your solution am I right? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
codesplice Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Northlight The Stadia app on Chrome? That's really just the web site in its own window so it's still impacted by your browser settings and extensions. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mexflex
Community Member

Hello, Powerwash didn solve it for me, the issue remains the samen. Regards Erik
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Northlight
Community Member

@Mexflex Have you run a quality test on your internet connection for lostpacket and jitter? If you did not here is one: https://packetlosstest.com/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mexflex
Community Member

The Stadia speedtest tells me that everything is ok. Also my hp windows laptop runs fine with Stadia via the same wifi access point. Yesterday I turned of HDR in the Stadia app and after that the games are working in my Chromebook. It doesn't run very good but they run so that's the good direction. I consider this as a bug in Stadia.
0 Kudos