cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Stadia poor Performance unplayable on PC

On my windows 8 System ( i7, 12 Gb Ram, Dual graphic intel/nvidea, Lan) i do not become a mouse free conection. I tried: -start chrome in w7 mode - reset flags - disable Hardware flag, to fix the black Screen error - use incognito mode - changed between Intel and nvidea card - use chrome beta With this changes the performance is not so extremly bad like the Stadia App. But still unplayable. And the reason is not my Internet conection, wirh chromecast ultra over wlan it works well.
1 Kudo
13 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Lol you would be a surprised to find the codec is likely the issue. I had a similar problem and it turned out switching to vp9 (vs h.264) solved all my problems. The vp9 codec is what the chromecast uses so it's clearly the better of the two. The only issue is that it takes more to decode than the h.264 which should be an issue if you are on a modern pc
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

i tried to switch the codec via console hack but facing huge input lag while playing destiny. So this didn't work for me. I wait for an official google fix / statement on this. On CCU it wokrs for me which is fine. 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi,

first of all thanks for your advice.

Nothing worked for me, unfortunately. 

My last try is to deinstall my graphic card driver or try different driver settings (AMD). Maybe my card is too old. but on the other hand why does it cause disconnections? 

I hope that google provide a proper solution on this at some stage.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

So the chrome cast ultra is a modern PC? Faster than my eight core / 16 GB ?  I dont think so 😄  

If the codec is the reason than i would expect i slightly different picture quality between these codecs (thats what others say) and no issues with the connection (At least thats what stadia says in chrome) 

Strange thing.

0 Kudos