cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Willrock
Community Member

Stadia poor Performance unplayable on PC

On my windows 8 System ( i7, 12 Gb Ram, Dual graphic intel/nvidea, Lan) i do not become a mouse free conection. I tried: -start chrome in w7 mode - reset flags - disable Hardware flag, to fix the black Screen error - use incognito mode - changed between Intel and nvidea card - use chrome beta With this changes the performance is not so extremly bad like the Stadia App. But still unplayable. And the reason is not my Internet conection, wirh chromecast ultra over wlan it works well.
1 Kudo
13 Replies
Highlighted
Ivan Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Willrock Your Windows specs shouldn't matter too much. As long as your computer is capable of running Chrome browser, that should be enough. Your computer is definitely more than capable of running Stadia.

What is your issue btw? Can you elaborate more? I'm not quite sure I understand from your post.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Chufu Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Would be also interesting @Willrock if you have those problems in general with every game on Stadia or only in one particular game.

On my Windows 7 in the Chrome browser it's working and your system-stats even sound better than mine, so I guess you must be able to play with a good performance, but yeah the question is now what affects your gameplay so much.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
iAintGud
Community Member

@WillrockI had issues with both video quality and regular alerts that I had connection issues until I disabled hardware acceleration. I have a relatively high end system so I didnt think having hardware acceleration enabled would cause a problem. I was getting the connection alerts every 2-5 minutes, colors were muted, and random things were fuzzy before I disabled it. Destiny 2 looks crisp now with no more connection alerts or getting kicked out of the game. Gylt had a similar improvement. To disable it go to the settings of Chrome and search for 'Use hardware acceleration when available" If it is toggled on , then switch it off and restart your browser. Some people have reported doing the opposite helps so if it is already disabled, turn it on and restart Chrome.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
GallardoNL
Community Member

Disable hardware acceleration did solve the same issues for me aswell
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Margrave
Community Member

Turning on, checking the box, for Hardware Acceleration fixed it for me! Plays great now!
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Xcom923
Community Member

I have a similar problem. I can't for the life of me play through chrome. I have a Canary instal that's strictly for stadia. I've disabled mouse pointer stuff and hell I don't even use a mouse I'm using the stadia controller and what happens is the video doesn't match with the audio OR the vibrations of the controller. This makes it pretty much impossible to play something like destiny 2 which works flawlessly on chromecast.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
CackleTV
Community Member

Hello, I had an issue where my pc could not run stadia, tons of lag... I've been through everything...

Resettings network, running tcp optimizers, network wizards, scanning for malware, removing antivirus

It was chrome browser.. I deleted it and reinstalled, then worked great again. I did not sync my account yet, so its possible it was an extension... But I doubt it, I think it got corrupted from running Kapersky AV, which installed a VPN without my permission..

I was actually playing Stadia VPN and it actually worked okay at times lol!

Most likely your Chrome browser is corrupted.. it happens

Regards, CackleTV - StadiaClan.com
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Guluk
Community Member

Hi,

I am facing same problems. On Chromecast superb performance but on my PC lots of "connection problems" with artifacts, stuttering and so on.

All devices are in the same network! A continuous ping doesn't show any connection related problems.

I do have a 200mbit connection (German Vodafone)

That's what I already did:

Reinstalled Chrome

Disabled every chrome plug in

Disabled all firewalls / anti Virus tools

Continous monitoring of connection (ping on stadia.google.com shows no disconnections)

Changed network cables

Disabled HW acceleration (fixed the appearing Connection problem  message) but causes huge input lag making games unplayable.

Haven't tried to switch video encoder via console hack (which can't be a serious solution in my opinion)

I am grateful for every help!

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Guluk :

1. Reset Chrome flags - go to the URL chrome://flags , select "Reset all to default", restart Chrome and try again.

2. Run Chrome and use an Incognito window and see if that helps, disable any extensions that might have been added.

3. Reduce refresh rate on mouse pointer (usually a feature on some mouse drivers e.g Logitech).

4. Access Chrome flags and enable the feature "Enables pointer lock options".

5. On Windows 8 run Chrome in Windows 7 compatibility mode. 

6.  Black screen on Chrome, try: Chrome flags and set Hardware accelerated video decode to Disabled.

These are some of the suggestions that I've seen that have addressed the issue for some users.  Can't hurt to give them a try and see if it resolves any of your issues.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos