cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Stadia on my PC/chrome browser shows a black screen

Jump to solution
So I played Stadia perfectly on my laptop (With chrome browser) and on my chromecast. But on my PC, i can login, start a game but every game starts with a black screen and doesn't continue after that. The other devices are fine. Any ideas?
2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

I got it working. Turns out it was a conflict with Windows 8. I ran chrome on compatibility mode for Windows 7 and it works now.

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I'm having the same problem.

The chrome browser goes black after loading the initial game stinger. I've removed all extensions, enabled js, updated Windows Firewall for TCP/UDP in the range of 44700-44899.

The service works fine on TV via Chromecast and has worked on other computers (including a chromebook), but not on my laptop PC.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I had same problem. Disabled adblock and problem solved.

In example, in Brave I disabled uBlock origin and Brave default Shield.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I don't have uBlock installed. I removed all of my extensions and even removed all of my browser data. Sadly, no luck...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I got it working. Turns out it was a conflict with Windows 8. I ran chrome on compatibility mode for Windows 7 and it works now.

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member
That was it, great! Compatibility mode did the trick!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

It gives me the same problem. On a practical level how did you manage to use chrome in compatibility mode with windows 7?

0 Kudos