cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Stadia on Chrome with NVIDIA GTX 1080ti

Jump to solution
While I find the concept of Google Stadia fantastic, the experience isn't always. I have tested on ChromeCast Ultra with the Stadia Controller and this works great. But I also want to play this on my PC's at home. I have tested this on 3 PC's 2 of them work fine, the 3rd not so much. The 2 that work fine have the following configuration: 1. Surface Pro 4 Core i7-6550U 16GB RAM Intel Iris Graphics 540 (Tablet) 2. Core i5-7400 16GB RAM NVIDIA GTX 1080ti (Fresh install) The 3rd config is lagging everytime: 3. Xeon E3-1240v2 16GB RAM NVIDIA GTX 1080ti (Fresh install) I'm wondering if the 2 configs that work fine because of Intel Quick Sync which the Xeon doesn't have. I'm going to put my Core i5-3570k back in the 3rd config to test this. Or the CPU's don't have the necessary instruction set. Is anyone having the same experience?
1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

So I started testing Geforce Now today and their Network test told me that I could only do 720p 30fps.

So I started digging.

I have an Untangle Firewall.
When I disable the Bandwidth Control suddenly Geforce Now's Network Test said that everything was good to go
I reactivated the Bandwidth Control and the same 720p 30fps message appeared.
I deactivated it again and good to go.
I immediately tested Destiny 2 on Stadia and I have a smooth experience on the PC that wasn't having the bad experience.
Tomorrow I'll be testing my other PC and report back.
In the meanwhile I'm going to post this on the Untangle Forums to fine tune the Bandwidth Control.

I'll be back

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@DragonZeal : What mouse do you have installed on the machine that isn't working?  If you have the option to reduce the polling rate for the mouse driver, do you encounter the same issue if the polling rate is reduced?

Just something that I've seen occur when the polling rate is set to a higher value e.g. 1000 and the issue gets resolved when it is set to something like 250 or lower.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have the Logitech G502 SE

I'll try to set it to 250 this evening.

On the other PC I'm playing with a SteelSeries Kinzu v2 Pro Edition which is at 3200dpi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member
I assume that the report rate in the Logitech G-Hub corresponds to the polling rate. It was set at 1000. I set it at 250 but still having problems Video and audio skips
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Yea, Stadia is unplayable on chrome 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

So I started testing Geforce Now today and their Network test told me that I could only do 720p 30fps.

So I started digging.

I have an Untangle Firewall.
When I disable the Bandwidth Control suddenly Geforce Now's Network Test said that everything was good to go
I reactivated the Bandwidth Control and the same 720p 30fps message appeared.
I deactivated it again and good to go.
I immediately tested Destiny 2 on Stadia and I have a smooth experience on the PC that wasn't having the bad experience.
Tomorrow I'll be testing my other PC and report back.
In the meanwhile I'm going to post this on the Untangle Forums to fine tune the Bandwidth Control.

I'll be back

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Community Member

So I tested on my other PC with the Bandwidth Control of and everythings seems to be working.

I'm now posting on the Untangle Forum to find a solution.

I'll post the solution or link to the solution when it's solved

0 Kudos