cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Stadia app on Chromebook

How do i download the stadia app to a chromebook? a lower-end late-2018 samsung model

I was auto-prompted to download it once before and did so with no issues. I thought I had to redownload it to potentially solve an issue I was having. that being said I cannot seem to trigger the download prompt. 

the playstore version of the app is not compatible with my chromebook. The download has to come from stadia.google.com. Again, I've already had it, removed it from chrome and now cant find it.

lol me need bigger brain? or me just need google help? please?

1 Kudo
5 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@i420rocketman : I don't recall the app ever coming from stadia.google.com....?  AFAIK, it has always been either from Google Play (Andriod) or from the App Store (iOS), although I did install the app on a Windows 10 device very early on, but that was using BlueStacks, so just an emulation of Andriod and I was using Google Play again in that scenario.

The only other option that comes to mind is that you could try to install from https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/ 

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

On a Chromebook you're expected to use Stadia through Chrome, not the Stadia Android app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

If you'd like an app-like experience on Chrome OS, point your browser to https://stadia.google.com/ and then use the Chrome menu option Menu > More tools > Create shortcut and tick the Open as window option. That provides a more native experience without the Chrome browser UI pieces getting in the way. 

It will show up in your Chromebook's app drawer and you can also pin it to the Shelf for easy access.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I do wonder if you are getting confused with the option to run stadia.google.com like an App (as per @codesplice  reply).  I got a prompt to do that on my chromebook, just keeps it nice and clean/simple

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I concur, that's the easiest way I found.
tchis
0 Kudos