cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Stadia Keyboard and Mouse

Some games are just better with keyboard and mouse, unfortunately, using my own keyboard and mouse means there's lag. Any chance on a stadia Keyboard and mouse that connects via WiFi? I know we're only 2 days since launch, but playing games like football manager with a controller is terrible.

6 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@elboobio There's no Stadia keyboard and mouse, but I personally not a big fan of getting another keyboard and mouse just to play Stadia. I'm hoping I can get good performance with my current mouse and keyboard. My experience is similar to you though. Playing Destiny 2 with mouse and keyboard, there's this weird lag/jerk. I'm hoping they'd improve the performance eventually.

You can send feedback from the Stadia app with regards to this issue. The more people sending feedback, the better chance they'll fix it quickly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

I had weird mouse performance in Destiny 2 too until I found a tip to check your OS settings and disable any mouse acceleration while you play. That made quite the difference for me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I'll post feedback in the app, thanks for suggesting. Although I think the issue with the lag is probably due to the fact that it takes just that little bit longer for my mouse and keyboard to talk to my PC, then send those inputs to the Google data centre and then send the video feed back to me. Hence why I could be tempted by a stadia WiFi keyboard and mouse, depending on the price obviously.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks for the tip I'll try it next time I'm on, see if it makes a difference.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I agree!! I’m holding off on football manager until I work out how to play on my laptop. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-on-Chrome/FEATURE-WISHLIST-chrome-browser-what-do-you-want/m-... definitely i mention that in the wishlist thread i made too, they should be the first to do it in terms of the big three.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I'm playing FM20 in my laptop via Chrome. It works, with minor lag or bugging on KB or mouse. More worried about the quality of the stream, letters are fading sometimes for a few seconds. But overall, playing FM on Stadia rules out the purchase of heavy duty equipment - so I'm a believer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Good to hear you’re having a good experience with the laptop for fm20. Are you streaming the tab to your tv? I’m going to attempt to stream to my tv once I get round to buying the game. Is there any lag streaming from chrome browser to the chrome cast? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Ivan Sorry but i don't agree on that point, most of use already bought a dedicated controller for Stadia. And I bet a lot of people would buy a Keyboard/Mouse combo just for Stadia, like me. I'm just not used to play with a controller and on games like Destiny 2 I would be way better/faster with a Keyboard/Mouse combo. I'm thinking about buying a Corsair K63 Lapboard, Razer Turret or Roccat Sova. But at the moment i don't see a way to use it together with Stadia 😞

0 Kudos