cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Samsung Galaxy Chromebook won't work with stadia

Can't seem to play anything consistently on Galaxy Chromebook. Usually just fails to load game. I've tried in every resolution. But if I try on cheap $150 Samsung Chromebook 3 it works fine on same network. I bought the Galaxy hoping for 4k Stadia play and I can't even play in 720p. Please help I waited thinking update would come and now have a $1000 paper weight.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Member

I had this problem as well, I lowered the resolution settings from 4K to max out at 1080p and that did the trick.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I would recommend you to try to contact Stadia support and find out if there are any steps you can try for your chromebook or if it might be incompatible, because it's not supported yet.

4K is btw only supported on your chromebook when you have VP9 hardware decoding, 4K display and performance options set up to 4K. You can find this information and some more in this article.

1 Kudo
Community Member

Wont work in any resolution. If I do hard reset it usually will load game and play then 5min later game crashes. Also looks like Galaxy chromebook has the right decoding. 

Says has VP9 decoding too.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Then best you can do for the moment would be to contact the Stadia support and check out with them if any more troubleshooting steps are available or if maybe Samsung needs to change something on this chromebook to make it work with Stadia, I am not 100% sure, but I guess it's good if you check out both sides.

Another thing I would recommend is to leave feedback in the Stadia App or on stadia.google.com for this issue as the developers can check this out as well. Even though you would probably not hear back on your feedback, Google can use it to improve Stadia.

0 Kudos