cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Quality issues on wired PC with Chrome

Good day, when I play with Stadia over CCU (WLAN!) or my Surface (Windows 10, Chrome, WLAN too) I have to quality issues. But when I use my PC (Windows 10 Pro, LAN, Chrome) I have always a blurry image and lags. I tried to switch off GlassWire (network monitor service), Discord and Gajim, nothing changed. Anyone an idea why?
1 Kudo
6 Replies
Community Member

I have kinda the same issue. When using the Chromecast Ultra wired or on wifi it's fine but when playing on my PC (wired same network) everything is blurry.
0 Kudos
Community Member

The maximum resolution presently streamed to anything that is not a Chromecast Ultra is 1080p. This does result in the image looking noticeably worse and more blurry when compared to a 4K TV with a Chromecast Ultra running a 4K stream. I switch between my 4K TV and my PC with 1440p monitors all the time and they do not compare well. There is no solution at this point. Google eventually plans to allow computers to stream 4K in Chrome, but as to when that will be, I don't know.
0 Kudos
Community Member

That is not the problem he described. I have tested different setups on my notebooks versus Chromecast running on the same 4k monitor. With Chrome i always have the best connection to stream in 4k (Wi-Fi or cabling doesn't matter both has highest rating with Chromecast). On my both notebooks i never reach this "excellent" connection quality (with the same cable i was using with the chromecast before). Never! I always see "acceptable" or "good", never "excellent". I didn't find a way to tune this to the highest level on my notebooks. If you are using a notebook with an external monitor it will be much better (lesser lags) if you deactivate your first (notebook) monitor. It looks like this is heavily affecting the "Performance" in my setup while using both monitors. In any way you need at least a 60hz configured monitor to keep it running smooth. Anyway - same without using an external monitor (with normal resolution (HD)). I don't see the highest connection Rating on my Notebooks just on the Chromecast. Thats strange...
0 Kudos
Community Member

Excellent = 4K. You will only see this on the CCU. 

Also it's not surprising that 1080p looks blurry when upscaled to a 1440p display. On a FHD display the 1080p60 stream looks quite nice. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

Oh, wasn't clear for me that you will only see excellent when using CCU. I thought this is just a connection Info about what is possible. Thanks for this info.

Anyway - on my Lenovo its changing between "ok" and "good" while it runs better on my macbook.

And yes - you are right. on 4k it looks blurry and this is absolutely normal. I'm still waiting for 3440x1440 support.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Same issue. Currently tier 2 Support is working on this with me. One month no resolution
0 Kudos