cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Problems playing with Stadia on chrome

Jump to solution

I'm having trouble playing Stadia on chrome. Playing with chromecast ultra on my tv, I have no problem and it's really cool. But on chrome I see pixelated and jerky images, practically unplayable. Now it is true that my pc is old, but I believed that Stadia was a sort of videostreaming and nothing more and I, on my pc, can easily see videostreaming like YouTube or Netflix.

My pc is an Intel quad core q6600 with 2.4Ghz, 8Gb ram ddr2 and video card Ati radeon 6800 HD with a internet connection FTTH to 1Gbps and connected to the router with an ethernet cable. The Os is a Windows 10

I tried to start chrome in anonymously mode, removed the chrome extensions, disabled any firewall and antivirus but Stadia is not usable.

thanks in advance for any help

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Interesting results with the M-Lab speed test. I do usually see those to be quite a bit slower than what's reported by other speed test sites but the results tend to better line up with the actual real-world usage. 3.5Mbps vs ~400Mbps is a HUGE difference though. But that also doesn't explain why your Chromecast experience is great.

Is your computer (and/or router) configured to use Google's 8.8.8.8 DNS server?

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
5 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Does it play any better if you switch to the "Balanced" data usage profile?
https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9607891

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks for the reply

The speed test of my connection, done with M-Lab, reports that:

"Your connection is not suitable for Stadia.
The download speed of 3,545 Mbps is less than the 10 Mbps recommended for streaming games on Stadia. Improve your internet connection and double check."

Which seems really strange to me since I have a 1Gbps FTTH fiber connection and the pc is connected to the router with an ethernet cable and not via wifi. I also deactivated the firewall and antivirius and others speed tests (e.g. fast.com by Netflix) report a speed of about 400Mbps.

In any case I changed the user profile mode to limited (it was already balanced) but unfortunately the result does not change.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Interesting results with the M-Lab speed test. I do usually see those to be quite a bit slower than what's reported by other speed test sites but the results tend to better line up with the actual real-world usage. 3.5Mbps vs ~400Mbps is a HUGE difference though. But that also doesn't explain why your Chromecast experience is great.

Is your computer (and/or router) configured to use Google's 8.8.8.8 DNS server?

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi codesplice,

your solution to change the DNS looks good. Now I can play pretty well on PC too.

About the M-lab connection speed test, I think in my case it's not a good test. Even after changing DNS, it continues to report a speed of 3-4 Mbps. This would mean downloading a file of few Gigabytes in hours and hours. I take a few minutes.

Thanks very much for your suggestion

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Weird that M-Lab is still so low but I'm glad to hear that changing your DNS helped!

0 Kudos