@Shyloc perhaps, but let's see if we can rule out anything else first.
Can you try logging into your Chromebook as a guest to see if that makes any difference? That would help to eliminate problems specific to your user profile.
Do you have any of the experimental chrome://flags configured?
Same here. Trying to run it on a Acer R 13.
Chrome Version is the latest staple (78.0.3904.106). 5Ghz wifi connection @ 150Mbit down/ 100Mbit up.
On the first try I got the messages above. After that the game keeps on saying "connection is being checked" (translated from german).
After about 2 minutes a message appears telling me to restart the game if I want to play on.
Experimental chrome/flag are disabled or default.
here's a short update: when running in inkognito-mode the game starts. But it's extremely laggy. Like 1 second delay... now trying to change the settings in chrome. didn't found "Use hardware acceleration when available" until now. Is it in settings or chrome/flags?
edit: i don't have the "system" section on chromebook-chrome-browser. It's there on my notebook...
Some items that I've picked up this week include:
1. Reset Chrome flags - go to the URL chrome://flags , select "Reset all to default", restart Chrome and try again.
2. Run Chrome and use an Incognito window and see if that helps, disable any extensions that might have been added.
3. Reduce refresh rate on mouse pointer (usually a feature on some mouse drivers).
4. Access Chrome flags and enable the feature "Enables pointer lock options".
5. On Windows 8 run Chrome in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
These are some of the suggestions that I've seen that have addressed the issue for some users. Can't hurt to give them a try and see if it resolves any of your issues.
thanks for your effort. tried everything but did not work
meanwhile i found the flag-setting to turn off hardware accellerations. it's "Hardware-accelerated video decode"
but didn't work neither...
please try to run stadia in inkognito mode. it's starting. but like i said: the lag is unplayable. I thought the only difference is that there i'm not logged in by default and it does not record my browsing history.
what else is different between the two modes?
ok...last update for today.
I played destiny for about 5 Minutes without lags!!
1. the graphics were kind of medium.
2. it crashed after 2,5 minutes each time. warning after about 2 minutes, that the game might pause because my connection is unstable (which is not- 150Mbit down/100 up/ 3ms ping)
after another 30 seconds it went off saying that my connection is too bad.
(all translated from german- so your messages might be in other words)
here's what i did:
running in inkognito mode.
resetting all chrome/flags to default (the option on the head of the flags-page)
so still no real solution. but the chromebook is able to run stadia.
Its exactly the same here.
my guess would be that its linked with the wifi chipset...cant point it out since my chromebook has no ethernet port and i have ordered a dongle for now. will test it
hp chromebook 14
games work great on chromecast and pixel phone. but problem on chromebook. problem with starting games.. and sometimes lag.. restart staida a couple of times and then works.
If you're having problems on a Chromebook, you might want to try logging in as a guest and seeing if Stadia works better that way. If so, that would suggest there's a problem with your profile - misbehaving extension, experimental flags, data corruption, etc.
(If the problem is in Chrome on PC, running Stadia in an Incognito Window might be a good troubleshooting step instead.)
Does anyone use the Stadia controller to play on their computer? If so, how is it wired? I noticed a huge difference when using a dedicated USB-C cable (so with both sides an USB-C connection) instead of a bridge cable ('regular' USB to USB-C).
I had the same issues that you did. Great connection, however I would lose connection for what seemed like no reason.
I did a bit of research and found out that my Chromebook was running a legacy decoder for visuals h264. Google has switched over to a V9 decoder. This excerpt is from Wikipedia:
VP9 is the successor to VP8 and competes mainly with MPEG's High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC/H.265). At first, VP9 was mainly used on Google's video platform YouTube. The emergence of the Alliance for Open Media, and its support for the ongoing development of the successor AV1, of which Google is a part, led to growing interest in the format.
I'll let you finish the equation for what you might need to do from here. I hope this helped.
Had the same issues with my work Chromebook. A Dell. It's a hardware issue. Google needs to make a compatibility list for chrome devices. My guess is that staida will only work on the higher end Chromebooks
Use the Stadia controller in wifi mode with the chromebook, it makes an amazing performance improvement. If you have seen how, load up stadia on the chromebook, click the little controller icon and it gives you a pairing code for the stadia controller. The difference for me was like night and day.