cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Please add 1440p resolution option for Chrome version

On my TV with 1080p, visual quality is very good, but my main option for playing is 1440p on a PC with 

Chrome. Please add 1440p resolution support, as 1080p really looks blurry. 

Tags (1)
10 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@ToniTornado Make sure to send the feedback as well through the Stadia app! This is to ensure your feedback is documented by Google.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

A 1440p option for PC would be greatly appreciated, I am heavily invested into QHD monitors and 1080p looks terrible on QHD fullscreen.

In the meanwhile, I have settled on this as a temporary solution...

http://www.brianapps.net/sizer4/ + https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/windowed-floating-youtube/gibipneadnbflmkebnmcbgjdkngkbklb

Basically, open a Stadia tab in chrome, use Sizer to make it a 1080p sized window, then start a game and let the chrome webapp force the chrome window to stay 1080p sized. Looks way better this way.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

This really needs to be a high priority in my opinion. The whole point of paying for Stadia Pro is the 4k resolution.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@NathanE :

1440p isn't going to deliver anywhere near a 4K resolution of 3840 x 2160....

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Another person just adding my voice to this.  Indeed, if I had a wish list - a resolution of 1440p through Chrome would be on the top of it.  I got to imagine many PC gamers have monitors around this resolution (more so than those with 4K monitors).

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

+1 for 1440p resolution 🖥

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Mad_Dog_Bravo I know, my point was about getting it over 1080p in general

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@NathanE : It's OK, I was just being pedantic.

It might be useful to read the following extract from a Reddit post recently. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/dvv3tv/hi_reddit_andrey_from_the_stadia_team_here_and_im/ 

I've included some of the points discussed below:

• Features availability. Our approach to releasing features on Stadia is similar to how we run Google Search, YouTube and other Google services: gradual rollout and continuous improvement, based on your feedback. We always start with nailing the key user-journey and then proceed with releasing extra features. YouTube started with “watch video”. For Stadia it’s “Play the Game on your biggest screen”. New features will start popping as soon as one week after launch. I expect the first game with Stream Connect to launch by the end of the year. The games that support State Share and Crowd Play will be released next year. And of course there are many more cool new platform features on the roadmap. We’re aiming to release new stuff weekly after 11/19.
  • We believe in common sense too! You can safely assume, we’ll stay competitive with other stores.

So, personally speaking, I'm happy that Stadia was designed to be released on the biggest screen first.  1440 and other screen resolutions will be sure to come later in due course, but I prefer without question to play on the largest screen we have in our home.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Let's hope it's nothing like youtube every update for youtube is something people don't want but as for the other stuff  yeah, I look forward to them giving more love to the browser i want the chromecast love equal to the browser...hell I would prefer some sort of STADIA client like steam so  i don't need to use the chrome browser i want it separate from all that. that way it'll be easier to stream with OBS

2 Kudos