Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Yegoya
Community Member

Performance on Chrome Browser

Jump to solution
Hi all and a happy 2020, I encounter the same problem as many others here with stability of Stadia gameplay. Using WLAN (meshed) I often get lags and blurry display up to disconnetions - on ChromeCast Ultra and in Chrome Browser. After using a cable it improved much on CCU but not on my Notebook with Chrome Browser. I also tried to disable hardware acceleration. The blur vanishes, aswell as "bad connection" messages from Stadia. But now I got huge input lags. Playing GRID looks a bit better now but the car can't be controlled. It often takes almost a second before a steering command is executed. My internet connection is around 50Mbits and while playing on Stadia uses around 15 to 20 Mbits bandwith. I read the several help docs and tested my connection with good results (~45 MBits even with WLAN). I have this problem on almost all games (the ones included in Stadia Pro and GRID). Is there any trick to make games playable on my notebook? Best regards, Yegoya
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
davidking
Community Member
1 Kudo
4 Replies
Highlighted
davidking
Community Member
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Yegoya
Community Member

Hi @davidking 

Thanks! That really helped a lot. The lag is not completely gone but Destiny 2 is almost flawlessly playable.

Let's see how things will improve by Google.

Best Yegoya

0 Kudos
Highlighted
DeficientNode
Community Member

How old is your notebook? When I first played Stadia on my 6 year old laptop via wifi, it was laggy as heck for me. Recently I bought a USB wifi adapter and the performance have improved drastically, comparable to playing on the CCU wired.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
CajunWaffles
Community Member
Yea, to play this platform you need an elite connection (wired) is preferred. Wireless you need to turn mesh off on your wifi settings b/c it causes issues.
0 Kudos