cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

No smooth mouse movements

Jump to solution

Hello guys,

first of all: I'm really surprised with how good Stadia works overall. The image quality for me is amazing and I can't notice a keyboard input lag.

Unfortunately I have an annoying problem with my mouse. When I#m moving the mouse the movements in the game are not really smooth. It stutters but the graphics overall are still great. Here are some things I tried:

-Disabled Windows mouse acceleration which didn't really help

-Enabled pointer lock in chrome://flags which didn't help either because it would be a workaround for mouse accelaration

-Disabled all extensions which helped a bit

-Reinstalled my mouse driver (Lioncast LM20) and set the polling rate to 125Hz which improved it a bit as well

-Use the chrome dev version which helped the most so far but I still have noticeable unsmooth mouse movements

The connection is via Ethernet and works very good. I also don't notice any artefacts or unsmooth motions in cutscenes of games. Due to that I don't believe that this is being caused by bad computer hardware.

I would be really thankful for more suggestions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

Apart from what's in the reddit thread it might be that your hardware does not support the VP9 codec. I had the same issue with my mouse and the cutscenes also didn't stutter, but it worked perfectly when I installed the Stadia+ extension and then in the Alt+Tab menu forced the H264 codec: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stadia%2B-extension/bbhmnnecicphphjamhdefpagipoegijd 

You will have to simply restart the page, but you won't lose any progress so you can even change it mid-game. You can find out what codec you're using with the monitor that comes with the extension.

If that does not help you could also try to make a Chrome shortcut and in the properties of that shortcut put  --disable-gpu-vsync next to the path. Be sure to leave a space between the quoted path and this command. 

Controllers work for me without any troubleshooting so that might help too.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
4 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Julian28010 Someone on the Stadia sub-reddit made a very comprehensive post with regards on Stadia troubleshooting and suggestions on how to make the experience better. Maybe you can try some and see if they help

https://www.reddit.com/r/Stadia/comments/gcqqec/ive_updated_the_troubleshooting_infographic_with/

Which game is it btw? I found that I can't get m/kb to work properly with Destiny 2, but it works really well with The Division 2

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Community Member

Thank you for the reply @Ivan

I will look at that guide later and let you know if it helped.

I tried it so far with RDR2 and PUBG. Unfortunately I don't have a Stadia conttoller yet so I can't say if the stuttering I'm seeing is normal. But I don't believe that this is a normal effect because I've seen videos with better results.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Apart from what's in the reddit thread it might be that your hardware does not support the VP9 codec. I had the same issue with my mouse and the cutscenes also didn't stutter, but it worked perfectly when I installed the Stadia+ extension and then in the Alt+Tab menu forced the H264 codec: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stadia%2B-extension/bbhmnnecicphphjamhdefpagipoegijd 

You will have to simply restart the page, but you won't lose any progress so you can even change it mid-game. You can find out what codec you're using with the monitor that comes with the extension.

If that does not help you could also try to make a Chrome shortcut and in the properties of that shortcut put  --disable-gpu-vsync next to the path. Be sure to leave a space between the quoted path and this command. 

Controllers work for me without any troubleshooting so that might help too.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Community Member

Disabling v sync did the trick for me! Thank you very much @Problemat!

0 Kudos