cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

No Free Games. Are you kidding me?!

I have SNES, Sega Genesis, TG16, PS, etc. They all come with free games. My brother let me borrow Stadia. I see no FREE STADIA GAMES on chrome browser. You have to purchase subscription to play any games on stadia. i can't even get play games or to try out control. What do I do with stadia control?!?!?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

Hi @screenmac ,

You can send a feedback to let know your opinion to Stadia Team

0 Kudos
Stadia Player
Stadia Player

@screenmac you can sign up for 2 months free stadia pro access and then you can play free games. I think there are like 4 or 5 free games at the mo including destiny, zombie war 4. You can cancel straight away if you dont like it. 

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @screenmac,

if you buy a game, you can play it without any subscription.

Please keep also in mind, that Stadia runs on Google servers, I think it would be very hard to have  free-free game on this platform.

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
1 Kudo
Community Member

I signed up to stadia a month ago as they offered 2 months pro free. Although this came with only a few games free, it gave the opportunity to try stadia. I was blown away, playing Grid no lag and beautiful full graphics on a 11 year old mac! I then purchased Tomb Raider (on sale with pro, and I am unsure if this will be available if I do not subscribe even though I bought the game). This is because my internet connection wifi is great (70Mbs), which is why It works amazingly well for me. I have since bought 2 more games again on sale. I have been so spoilt with the quality of how well the games run, that I subscribed to X Box game pass for pc (£1 for this month). After downloading Gears 5, I loaded it up, with my pc being much more powerful than my mac and the game was unplayable.

Streaming gaming is definitely the future of the industry, Stadia does need to get a better game library though, as it is lucky I haven't played many of the older hits here.

To answer your question, Stadia give some free games every month, however, they seem to regularly have sales. (NBA 2k20 was £3! One of my favourite game franchises). I have a PS4, but no 4k TV, so Stadia is now my go to for triple A third party games (if they have them).

0 Kudos
Community Member

When you buy a console you don't get any free games, you pay for them as part of the package you buy. The comparison doesn't make sense because this is a free console.

Google is still a business you know...

0 Kudos