cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
notbugs
Community Member

No Audio when i try to use Stadia on Chrome on my PC.

Jump to solution
I've had the same problem with no audio when i use Stadia for the last three days on both my desktop and my laptop (CCU works fine). All Audio settings are ok, i get sound if i play YouTube and other sources through Chrome. But on Stadia it is just silence. I've double checked the sound card settings and everything looks just like normal. I can play a YouTube-clip and it plays sound, then i go and open up Stadia in the same tab and it just stays mute. I've tried all kinds of combinations but all that comes out of it is that any Stadia game i try to play will be mute. I've checked for muted tabs, muted apps and so forth but to no avail. It seems it has something to do with my Stadia account since the problems are not tied to a single piece of hardware. I have also tried to uninstall Chrome and reinstall it but no luck with that. So for now my quick fix is to use the new Microsoft Edge when i want to play Stadia on my PC. I have been in touch with another guy on Reddit who has the exact same issue. It was he who suggested i'd try to use another Chromium based browser since that was how he got around it since he could'nt get Stadia to work on Chrome.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
notbugs
Community Member
I have found the source of my problems. It was a third party plugin for Chrome that for some reason started misbehaving. But i deleted it and installed it fresh tweaked the settings as i want them and then everything works fine again. But i had also heard about the controller problem you mentioned but it was not the case in my case. Anyway, this made me think that there should be a troubleshooting guide for similar issues with the things to check before you give up. In this case it should be something like this: 1. Check the volume control panel for your PC 2. Check for muted tabs 3. Check that all audiodrivers are setup correctly. 4. Check stereo and surround settings depending on what kind of setup you have. 5. Check the audio routing in case it is routing the sound to your controller or some other place. 6. Check all your browser plugins. If you suspect a plugin problem delete the plugin and see if it helps and then you can reinstall it and set it up correctly. 7. Uninstall Chrome and reinstall it. That's about it i think. Thank you for your input @Ivan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Ivan Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@notbugs Which controller are you using? Or do you have any controller hooked up at the moment? Last time this happened to me, my PC automatically switched the audio input to go through my controller. Might be worth to check that if that's the same case as yours.

I'm actually surprised you're able to get it working with Microsoft Edge, since I believe Chromium based browsers aren't supported.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Highlighted
notbugs
Community Member
I have found the source of my problems. It was a third party plugin for Chrome that for some reason started misbehaving. But i deleted it and installed it fresh tweaked the settings as i want them and then everything works fine again. But i had also heard about the controller problem you mentioned but it was not the case in my case. Anyway, this made me think that there should be a troubleshooting guide for similar issues with the things to check before you give up. In this case it should be something like this: 1. Check the volume control panel for your PC 2. Check for muted tabs 3. Check that all audiodrivers are setup correctly. 4. Check stereo and surround settings depending on what kind of setup you have. 5. Check the audio routing in case it is routing the sound to your controller or some other place. 6. Check all your browser plugins. If you suspect a plugin problem delete the plugin and see if it helps and then you can reinstall it and set it up correctly. 7. Uninstall Chrome and reinstall it. That's about it i think. Thank you for your input @Ivan.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos