as a few here I also have the issue in stadia (not in a particular game) that my mouse movement won't get translated correctly.
When I move the mouse in the destiny menu the cursor teleports and skips large areas of the screen completely. The consequence is that destiny is unplayable with the mouse.
I am very frustrated by this since I am under the impression I paid for a Beta product. If it would have been marketed / communicated by google as such it would be ok, but as you all know it wasnt. Close to the release many features weren't ready which almost made me my founders order cancel. Now I waited and wanted to look for myself.
I tried to use the chrome dev version, which oddly at first got rid of the mouse input bug, now its back. Now I read that it could help to reduce the polling rate of the mouse.
This is not the experience I hoped for and I wont install extra software to configure my mouse everytime I wanna play on the stadia platform.
I feel ripped of at this point to be honest. I posted videos about this bug, searched in my own time for fixes and found nothing working so far. A compensation is the least I expect at this point and I hope that anyone from the google staff will read these lines and get back to me since I got no response regarding this issue with video proof via tweet, feedbackform or discord message.
I really tried to reach out and get help. This post is my last attempt to get help solving this since my time, as yours, is more valuable to me at this point than trying to help one of the biggest companies on our planet to get their well marketed product right.
Changing "Data usage & performance" in the stadia app to "Limited data usage" was the only way for me to get rid of the input lag when playing on ubuntu with chrome and/or chromium.
(Best visual quality works fine on the chromecast ultra though)
After hours and hours I found a solution.
Situation: On CCU and on my gaming PC stadia is running perfect, but on my notebook I had this stuttering und jumping.
What I did to get it running:
My Mouse "Classic Intellimouse" and other mice do not have the ability to reduse the Polling Rate (like the most mice). I found out, that the Polling Rate was 1000Hz. This rate is to much for my notebook.
Read the first Post. Then start at 4. Software, download the software and do the steps 1-5 and reduce the Polling Rate to 62 - 125Hz.
Check the Polling Rate at https://zowie.benq.eu/en-eu/support/mouse-rate-checker.html
If this works happy you.
If not do this:
Warning, doing on your own risk
1. Disable Secure Boot (if its on)
2. Enable Test Mode
3. Disable Signed Driver Enforcement
Then try to reduce the Polling Rate again from the beginning. Now it should work.