cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Lagging only in chrome

When I play from a Pixel 4XL or my Chromecast everything is perfect. In Chrome there always seems to be stutters and input lag. I have a laptop with a Nvidia Geforce 1060, latest Chrome 80.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@MotokoNinja : Which OS, and which mouse manufacturer are you using?

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Windows 10 and a Logitech M510 wireless mouse

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@MotokoNinja : Reduce mouse polling rate to something quite low and see if that makes any improvement.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

That did not seem to have an effect. If it helps the laptop is also running an Intel Graphics HD 630 with the Nvidia 1060. If I change Chrome to use OpenGL and VP9 the performance goes up , except for a few titles. Could there be a problem with my how system does h.264 ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Bad LAN Card on the Computer? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I think it might be. I tried switch from wifi to lan playing Grid and its the first time I haven't had single lag spike or packet drop. I will test with another machine but yeah i think the wifi card might be faulty. I am using a Google Wifi router with the gaming mode turned on.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

hey MotokoNinja,

try this:

Go to your nvidia control panel --> Manage 3D- Settings --> Programm Settings --> Choose Google Chrome (chrome.exe) 
--> Power Managment Mode: Choose "Prefer Maximal Performance" --> Low Latency Mode: Choose "Ultra" --> safe 

that worked fine for me and i can play in 4K and without lags! 

Unrestrict_1-1584391306879.png

Greetings, Unrestrict

0 Kudos