cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Lag

Got my invite while at work so I signed in and fired it up on my work computer. Older version of chrome I believe and Windows 7. Yes we are still on the dark ages at work. I imagine a plethora of switched and firewalls on my work connection but it's fast. Lag was inconsistently bad. Basically Destiny was unplayable. Though I was using a keyboard and mouse not a controller. Played at home on a Pixel 3a with Xbox controller, nearly flawless. Wondering what the difference is...
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Slayer1 What kind of connection do you get at work? Sounds like there's some latency issue. Is it possible your work IT configuration might be preventing/limiting your connection?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Community Member

It's possible but from the other comments it might be chrome optimization with the keyboard and mouse. Stadia speed test reported that I should have no problem playing on that connection.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Had the same issue on pc in chrome. I run a gigabit connection with win 7
0 Kudos
Community Member

I'm having horrible lag. completely unplayable with the mouse movements being incredible erratic, even when my hand is off of the mouse completely it moves. Video quality is pretty bad at times too.

This is on Windows 10, chrome, on Google Fiber

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I saw someone mention that uninstalling and reinstalling Chrome improved things dramatically.

Maybe first try using an incognito window and/or browser reset first to see if that helps?

0 Kudos
Community Member

Ok hooked up my old personal laptop directly to the router via wired connection with a wired Xbox controller and Tomb Raider worked flawlessly. Don't know what it is, maybe my home connection is just that much better than my work connection.
1 Kudo
Community Member

Most likely incorrect flags have been set in Chrome.  Navigate to the URL chrome://flags/ then check that both the following are set to Enabled

• Hardware-accelerated video decode
  • Hardware-accelerated video encode

If that doesn't address the issue, just click the Reset all to default button, restart Chrome and you should be in good order.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
1 Kudo
Community Member

Google speed test that bad boy at work I know my works wifi wouldn't be able to handle it. I hardwire where I can

@Gafiltha
0 Kudos
Community Member

1 Kudo