cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Lag/Stutter/Mouse Jerky - Solution might be to reset Chrome

Seen a few instances of this now.

Most likely incorrect flags have been set in Chrome.  Navigate to the URL chrome://flags/ then check that both the following are set to Enabled

• Hardware-accelerated video decode
  • Hardware-accelerated video encode

If that doesn't address the issue, just click the Reset all to default button, restart Chrome and you should be in good order.

This appears to resolve the issue of very jerky stuttering mouse movement.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
4 Kudos
4 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Mad_Dog_Bravo I think resetting flags to default should be one of the first troubleshooting steps when investigating a problem in Chrome. Flags are experimental in nature and can cause a lot of issues and unpredictable behaviors behind the scenes. Any deviation from what Google expects could definitely be a problem for something like Stadia.

Great recommendation 👍

0 Kudos
Community Member

@codesplice :

It’s certainly something worth considering. Can’t recall why I might have adjusted settings in the past, I’m sure that I have for one reason or another. But yes, for an environment such as Stadia, the implications of these settings being adjusted in Chrome could have negative impact on the performance as we have seen with a couple of the attributes already. 

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
2 Kudos
Community Member

Ideally, Google should release a Chrome app that optimizes the browser's settings for Stadia use, OR have a check w Stadia.com that initializes the test and gives you a heads up of anything that needs a changing. Settings alone screwing over the experience should not be an issue now a days.
4 Kudos
Community Member

I do not use Stadia but was having the same issue. Reset all worked for me and now things are working just fine . Thank you . 

0 Kudos