cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kevlo16
Community Member

Intolerable Input lag

A friend gave me his buddy pass (whatever it's called) and I've been trying to use it for lightweight activities but the input lag is HORRENDOUS. Game: Destiny 2 Computer: Surface Pro 6 (4gb ram, i5 CPU, Windows 10 Pro, connected to docking station with dual 24" monitors (HD, not 4k, not HDR) Input: MS Elite v2 Controller Internet: Verizon Fios Gigabit over wifi (with Orbi mesh network (AC3000)), typical speed tests where I sit are between 130Mbps and 200Mbps, 7-12ms ping) Stadia Video Settings:Data usage set to "Limited" (720p resolution), HDR turned off The thing is, most of the time the game will perform without issue if I'm using m & K (but I'm simply not capable of gaming on M & K, controller is the ONLY option for me). I've tried using different USB cords, and also tried using the controller wireless, all the same. I borrowed a friends laptop, Dell i7, 32gb ram, Windows 10 Pro and I'm able to play just fine on that setup (with the controller or M & K), The Dell is obviously much more powerful than my surface pro, but isn't the whole point of Stadia that it's all in the cloud and not operating on your specific machine? The convenience of Stadia makes me want to solve this, but with this lag it is literally UNPLAYABLE, (1-3 seconds from input to action is not something one can tolerate). I've been on with Stadia support and despite solid, honest effort they were not able to help. Has anyone here had this issue and been able to solve it?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Whito
Community Member

30hz will give you that input lag ... Stadia only works at 60hz or 50hz via home application

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@kevlo16 :

A few things to check and see if they improve the situation for you:

1. Reset Chrome flags - go to the URL chrome://flags , select "Reset all to default", restart Chrome and try again.

2. Run Chrome and use an Incognito window and see if that helps, disable any extensions that might have been added.

3. Reduce refresh rate on mouse pointer (usually a feature on some mouse drivers).

4. Access Chrome flags and enable the feature "Enables pointer lock options".

5. On Windows 8 run Chrome in Windows 7 compatibility mode. 

6.  Black screen on Chrome, try: Chrome flags and set Hardware accelerated video decode to Disabled.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
kevlo16
Community Member

Mad Dog, I did this with no change. Point 3 has no baring though since I use controller.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Mad_Dog_Bravo Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@kevlo16 : Thanks for trying, I'm not sure what to suggest after those options to be honest....

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nournoise
Community Member

Try running stadia in google canary (dev browser - you can download it). Solved the problem for me.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Willrock
Community Member

Hi on my system i reduced the input lag from unplayable to "it makes no fun" with activating ipv6 (on MS Webside you can find tools to restart ipv6)
0 Kudos