A few things to check and see if they improve the situation for you:
1. Reset Chrome flags - go to the URL chrome://flags , select "Reset all to default", restart Chrome and try again.
2. Run Chrome and use an Incognito window and see if that helps, disable any extensions that might have been added.
3. Reduce refresh rate on mouse pointer (usually a feature on some mouse drivers).
4. Access Chrome flags and enable the feature "Enables pointer lock options".
5. On Windows 8 run Chrome in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
6. Black screen on Chrome, try: Chrome flags and set Hardware accelerated video decode to Disabled.