I've got two oldish laptops that I would love to use to play Stadia on but the input lag is intolerable. I can't for the life of me figure out what is going wrong. Any advice is appreciated.
I have no input lag on my family's desktop or my cell phone.
My network connection is solid and all testing comes back as low ping and more than enough bandwidth. Wired vs in wired connection makes no difference. Controller vs keyboard makes no difference. I can have the desktop running smooth as silk and the laptop plugged into the router next to the desktop with a 1-2 second lag. My phone works flawlessly anywhere in the house over wifi.
I can't use the cell phone long term. The desktop is not mine to use for serious gaming but an accessable for testing.
Lenovo T430, stock i5, 4gb Ram, up to date Linux Mint
Lenovo T460, stock i5, 8gb Ram, up to date windows 7
Desktop, FX 6309, 8gb Ram, GTX 670, windows 10
All ready tried, without effect:
-all the chrome://flags suggested on https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-on-Chrome/Stadia-poor-Performance-unplayable-on-PC/td-p/9122
-removing chrome extensions
- incognito mode
-installing chrome canary and edge
-ocular brine on the keyboard
I have also tried the laptops without an external mouse so polling is not a concern.
I am stumped at this point. Network is solid. Hardware is more than capable. Sacrifices of blood, time, and money made to the Google Gods.
Sheesh.... I'm running out of other ideas now that you've tried all those listed below as far as I can tell, did you enable the pointer lock option?
1. Reset Chrome flags - go to the URL chrome://flags , select "Reset all to default", restart Chrome and try again.
2. Run Chrome and use an Incognito window and see if that helps, disable any extensions that might have been added.
3. Reduce refresh rate/polling rate on mouse pointer (usually a feature on some mouse drivers e.g. Logitech).
4. Access Chrome flags and enable the feature "Enables pointer lock options".
5. On Windows 8 run Chrome in Windows 7 compatibility mode.
6. Black screen on Chrome, try: Chrome flags and set Hardware accelerated video decode to Disabled.
Sorry if you've tried all of this already, but I'm not aware of any additional options...
Try setting "Limited data usage" in the stadia app and then restart your web browser. This will limit you to 720p. If you don't get any input lag then your hardware can't decode the stream in higher resolutions fast enough.