cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Impossible to get 4k on chrome

I'm frustrated because I've spent hours trying to troubleshoot issues related to Stadia under performing on the Chrome Browser and Chromecast Ultra. No matter what, I can't get it to render at 4k. I just bought a 4k monitor, largely because of Stadia's reported rendering specs. I'm a Pro subscriber. I tested my internet connection using Stadia's reference tool and my connection speed is 350+ mbps. I installed Stadia + forced Vp9 hardware decoding after testing to make sure my GPU had it. I checked the settings in my Stadia App and Google Home App to make sure they were correct. I checked the ports listed on Stadia's Troubleshooting page. I turned off all Ad blockers. I tried incognito mode. I've seemingly exhausted all options. If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate your willingness and effort.

PC & internet Spec below:

GTX 1080 GPU

LG 27BL65U 4k Monitor & LG 34UC79G (both hooked up with display port 1.4)

Xfinity Wifi (Home) Intel Wireless Dual band wireless AC 8260

If you need any more info, just let me now. Thanks!

2 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hi @Ozymandias,

which game do you tried to play in 4K? Unfortunately, not all games support this high resolutions.

---
Please mark posts that helped you to solve your problem as an "Answer" or give "Kudos" to other helpful posts.
1 Kudo