cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Twiztidpenguinz
Community Member

Headset repeatedly connected and disconnected

This week I started having the issue where I constantly get notified that my headset is connected, then unconnected, then connected. It continues non-stop. The only way I can get it to stop is to remove myself from game chat, which sucks when I am trying to be in a fireteam. I did try to block and re-allow sound/mic in the chrome browser, but that didn't help.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Twiztidpenguinz
Community Member

@codesplice this is still on going and I can't get it to stop. can you help with this?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
codesplice Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Twiztidpenguinz I've not encountered that myself. Are you using a Bluetooth headset connected to your computer or a wired headset plugged in to the Stadia controller's 3.5mm jack - or something else?

Any change if you clear site data for stadia.com?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Twiztidpenguinz
Community Member

@codesplice I have a usb webcam for my mic and 3.5mm speakers to my computer. 

I tried clearing the data, and blocking/reallowing the mic.   It was happening consistent when I originally made the post and seems to be tied to stadia crashing.

Last night for instance, it was working fine.  Stadia crashed in the middle of a Destiny strike and when I refreshed the page the mic would connect and disconnect repeatedly until I disabled party chat all together.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
codesplice Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Twiztidpenguinz I think your theory about it being related to Stadia crashes sounds like a good one. 

Have you tried running Stadia under the Guest profile in Chrome just to make sure that the crashes aren't caused by something in your profile?

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6130773

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Twiztidpenguinz
Community Member

I can give that a shot.  I'll let you know if it happens in there.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Twiztidpenguinz
Community Member

So I haven't had the sound issue since my last post, didn't change anything so I'm not sure what happened.  But when the sound issue stopped, a new one started.  Playing in chrome with my controller Destiny will frequently freeze using the same command I last entered, for example, If I was moving left, my character will continue moving left until the game crashes.

0 Kudos