cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Has anyone been able to get an 8bitdo SN30 Pro+ controller to work with a chromebook?

I've a pixelbook as well as a couple of 8bitdo controllers. It seems Stadia only detects the controler when connected via xbox input mode (hold X+start), and not via the other 3 modes (macOS, directinput, or Pro Controller). The problem is that the buttons are labelled wrong when it is pretending to be an xbox controller. Is the switch pro controller not supported in stadia (via bluetooth) on a chromebook?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Member

I had the same problems with the buttons being wrong when I connected it to my phone using X-input. Once I  connected it to my phone using the Android, "Start + B" mode, it worked well with all of the buttons being correct.

1 Kudo
Community Member

@Hyawatta So you were able to connect it to your chromebook using Start+B and stadia recognized it? (via bluetooth?)

What chromebook are you using? It doesn't get detected on my pixelbook.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Sorry, no. I was able to connect it to my Note 8 phone using Start+B, and to my PC using Start+X. When I tried using Start+X to connect it to the Note 8 phone, that's when the buttons were wrong. Sometimes the Stadia would stop recognizing that a controller was connected to the phone, even tough it was still paired. So then, I had to unpair and repair it multiple times to get it working again.
0 Kudos