cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

HDR hangs Chrome

Hi,

It seems 4k has been enabled in my Chrome browser today. This is working perfectly but when I try with HDR enabled the browser just hangs.

I am have a recent Dell XPS 13 (7390) with intel 10th generation with integrated graphics (Win64)

Will be glad to help debugging this issue.

Regards,

-Francisco

1 Kudo
3 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Do you have HDR enabled in Windows?  Latest Chrome updates installed?  Latest graphics drivers installed?

Is it confirmed HDR is even supposed to be supported in Chrome?  I haven't tried it on any of my PCs/Displays that support HDR yet myself.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Do you have HDR enabled in Windows?  Yes. When I enable it in Window, this is when the browser starts crashing.

Latest Chrome updates installed?  Yes.

Latest graphics drivers installed?  I have latest drivers for Dell - which are not necessarily intel's latest. note: intel doesn't allow me try install their latest - I've tried

UPDATE: When streaming the Stadia 4k, in Task Manager in the GPU tab, I have around 20% 3D and 30% Video Decode. When trying 4k HDR Video Decode becomes 0% and 3D 98%. This makes me think that somehow the GPU is not using it's internal decoder properly for the 4k HDR stream

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Having the same issue, ever found a solution?  I have an HP Spectre X360 with an Intel Core i7-1065G7.  It has iris plus graphics which should be able to decode HDR at 4K (VP9 10 bit).  My drivers are a little behind but I need HP approved ones and they are behind a little.  I basically see what you are seeing.  High GPU usage.  Looks like the hardware decoding isn't working...

0 Kudos