cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Fixing stuttering and lag on Mac

I love Stadia but had lot of stuttering and huge drop in frame rate but I found the solution (at least for mac)

Since I did this, I have not experienced any stuttering at all and now enjoy FPS to the fullest (mouse and keyboard)

- Disable location Service

On mac, click on the mac icon then :

-> System preferences -> Security and privacy -> Privacy -> uncheck "Enable location service".

Since I did this, I have experienced absolutely no stuttering at all

3 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Interesting find, thanks for sharing! I'll have to keep that in mind if I see other similar complaints.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have also been experiencing stutter on an i9 macbook pro 16in, and turning off location services gave me smooth sailing.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Is this the kind of repeating hang ups that occur with some minutes intervals??? I’ll try your solution tomorrow and if it’s gone I’ll give you a big Kudos.

Update:
- Red Dead Redemption 2 - Tested for 10 minutes and works good.
- Ghost Recon - Tested for 5 minutes and works good.

Main issue I had was with Division 2, not tested yet but I´ll do that tonight.
This is NOT a problem related to specific games, but I´ll do the Division 2 test anyway just because I had obvious issues in the game, thats most likely gone now (Thanks).

I´ll be back 🙂

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Did not buy Read dead because I have it on Xbox one S and do not play it much... But Ghost recon since it was on sale (I also have it on Xbox), I did buy it on Stadia but I hat a input lag and was not 60fps so...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Wow it really works. Bin playing Division 2 for more than an hour and no lag whatsoever. This is a genuine solution *****

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

That and opening in an incognito window made it even better for me.

0 Kudos