cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

First day review: very very laggy

Jump to solution
Hi all! I got my buddy pass in the morning and could test it today. Actually the first minute was enough because I couldn't play Destiny 2 because of the massive lag. I have my laptop connected with the cable to the internet, with a 100mbps download speed, and I am living just 20km to the nearest Google center :). Does anyone know why I have this experience? I am afraid to buy games, because the lag makes it impossible to play. Dissapointed.
0 Kudos
2 Solutions
Community Member

Hey there,

Having the same problem while using chrome.

I used other cloud gaming services before and had no problems even streaming in 4k60.

I got my Stadia Controller 2 days ago and it's running super smooth and perfect on my chromecast.

But while using the same ethernet cable as for the chromecast on my PC (Clean Windows Install) I'm having a huge input lag which makes it unable to play.

Fast activities in Destiny 2 like Raids or Crucible (PVP) are impossible to play and any other activities aren't that much fun either.

No one else is using the network and I have 198/200 Mbits down via speedtest.

Hope this gets resolved soon because I can't play with mouse and keyboard this way.

And by the way... the framerate is perfect it's only the input lag.

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Community Member
@JKFlee @Xteam try to clean install Windows. That helped with me. Everything is running much better now.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Community Member

Hey there,

Having the same problem while using chrome.

I used other cloud gaming services before and had no problems even streaming in 4k60.

I got my Stadia Controller 2 days ago and it's running super smooth and perfect on my chromecast.

But while using the same ethernet cable as for the chromecast on my PC (Clean Windows Install) I'm having a huge input lag which makes it unable to play.

Fast activities in Destiny 2 like Raids or Crucible (PVP) are impossible to play and any other activities aren't that much fun either.

No one else is using the network and I have 198/200 Mbits down via speedtest.

Hope this gets resolved soon because I can't play with mouse and keyboard this way.

And by the way... the framerate is perfect it's only the input lag.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Community Member
I am reading this more often. But unfortunately I do not have the chromecast. Yeah it's much too laggy, I am not going to buy a game until it's solved.
0 Kudos
Community Member
hello, the same thing happens to me too, when I try to play Destiny 2 the response of the controller is very slow and desperate. I have read that to improve the connection you could use chrome in private window and if you have a repeater or something similar, try to connect to the central network, that is the main router. You can search here https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/9595943?hl=es. It will help you. I have not tried the recommendations but I have read them I hope it helps you, hopefully this is solved.
0 Kudos
Community Member

@Xteam I tried it but still the same problem.

@Mad_Dog_Bravo Tried it all without succeeding. Even installed chrome canary but still same lag.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@Yasin @Xteam @SouI :

Some items that I've picked up this week include:

1. Reset Chrome flags - go to the URL chrome://flags , select "Reset all to default", restart Chrome and try again.

2. Run Chrome and use an Incognito window and see if that helps, disable any extensions that might have been added.

3. Reduce refresh rate on mouse pointer (usually a feature on some mouse drivers).

4. Access Chrome flags and enable the feature "Enables pointer lock options".

5. On Windows 8 run Chrome in Windows 7 compatibility mode. 

6.  Black screen on Chrome, try: Chrome flags and set Hardware accelerated video decode to Disabled.

These are some of the suggestions that I've seen that have addressed the issue for some users.  Can't hurt to give them a try and see if it resolves any of your issues.

Hope this helps.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
0 Kudos
Community Member
Also tried these systematically and no improvement.
0 Kudos
Community Member
@JKFlee @Xteam try to clean install Windows. That helped with me. Everything is running much better now.

0 Kudos
Community Member
Can please someone help me? Maybe someone from Stadia.
0 Kudos