cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Doom Eternal Input Lag and Stutters

Hi everyone,

I bought the game right after I woke up day one. I tried to play it for an hour or so, but it was very frustrating to aim. I felt like the aim was following with a slight delay behind and got stuck when I shot. I got so frustrated I quit the game.

I waited for this game so long, I got the PC edition and tried it if it would run on my laptop. Mine does not meet minimum requirements but this game runs so smooth, you feel lost in the combat, glory kills, dashes, headshots, I love it. Kudos to the programmers. The game is great, I finished it on Ultra Violence ( I love Lana Del Rey btw), but unplayable for me on Stadia.

I see comments on how great the game is, made me thinking. Is this an isolated case ? I see some other people also complained about the lag, but majority seems to have no problem. And has anyone had input lag with keyboard/mouse but when they tried controller it disappeared ?

So let us try to gather some info. I am not sure how to start, but I am sure someone will point out.

Chrome 80.0.3987.149 on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS (I tried on Windows as well same lag)

Both Cabled

Apple Magic Keyboard

Logitech 502

Inspiron 15 7000 Dell Gaming Laptop

Screenshot from 2020-03-23 23-07-12.png

Fiber optic 100 Mbps

Screenshot from 2020-03-23 23-04-30.png

I am definitely a FPS gamer. I don't play it as I used to but I could shoot a player jumping behind the crate to have a look on the way up in my prime.

I support stadia, have bought RDR2 the second time here and it runs sublime. I am still keeping DOOM Eternal Deluxe Edition, but I will probably refund it.

Refund Policy:

I think the refund policy is too strict for the moment considering Stadia has it problems and it is not a smooth experience out of the box. I would have loved to have extended time so I can give feedback. The way it is right now is frustrating than fun for me, but I want this platform to work. I payed 90 euros for the Deluxe edition and it was a very frustrating experience. I am going to wait a few days to see if it is being worked on, otherwise I will refund it.

Cheers, and stay safe.

1 Kudo
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

You are not the only one...

On chromecast and mobile, Stadia feels great, No input lag, no stuttering whatsoever... BUT... on chrome... many many stuttering, no latency but stuttering, many time when stutter start, i just stop everything I was doing until that stuttering end then go back to action.

As for doom, I tried on mobile using touch stadia at Walmart... working like a charm, tried on Chromecast, great but on chrome... And FPS are better on PC especially that fast paced Doom eternal... I hope Google come with a fix because I put a pause on Doom eternal until that stuttering get fixed... And I run on a 2017 13 inch macbook air

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I have not tried it on Chrome, but I played about an hour on the Chromecast and I could not handle the input lag. I had to request a refund. Had the same feeling on the controller as you describe with mouse and keyboard. This has been my experience with every first-person shooter so far. I guess if you are used to playing fast-paced shooters on PC or Console, the input lag on Stadia will feel terrible. 

0 Kudos