cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

i use Microsoft edge browser for Stadia games which is great. my PC is linked to my 65in TV which i use as my monitor and works great. my question is if i had a chromecast device instead of my PC do i need stadia on a phone to cast or is a phone just required for setup ? and is there a way to get stadia to use my TV,s built in browser ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hello @crakayl 

A phone is only used to set things up. It isn't used to stream anything. What you will need is a Chromecast Ultra, and a Stadia controller. You can pick up a bundle of those two together for $99, which is a pretty good deal compared to the cost of each one individually.

Stadia is unlikely to work on the browser built in to your TV. In the future, I expect to see support for TVs with built-in Chromecast, though.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Member

thank you John thanks for pointing me on the correct path, im new to gaming and at 66 years old im enjoying my experience 

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Hello @crakayl 

A phone is only used to set things up. It isn't used to stream anything. What you will need is a Chromecast Ultra, and a Stadia controller. You can pick up a bundle of those two together for $99, which is a pretty good deal compared to the cost of each one individually.

Stadia is unlikely to work on the browser built in to your TV. In the future, I expect to see support for TVs with built-in Chromecast, though.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos