cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Connectivity Issues starting on July 23th

Jump to solution

Hey guys how are you?

I´ve been having a nearly flawless experience with Stadia playing on laptop via Chrome until yesterday. Beginning yesterday my connection is now always on RED with messages saying "game might stop". 

I´m located in Chicago, IL.  Is anyone experiencing the same issue?  I wonder if Stadia is doing maintenance no the servers near my region. 

Thanks!

3 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

I was able to solve it by myself by doing a factory reset on my pc.  Still not sure what caused it though, but apparently it was something on my end. Thanks for all the replies!

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
5 Replies
Community Member

I was able to solve it by myself by doing a factory reset on my pc.  Still not sure what caused it though, but apparently it was something on my end. Thanks for all the replies!

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Community Member

I signed up for Stadia on the 23rd.

I thought PUBG would be a good test of the service as I know what to expect and it's a relatively fast game being an FPS so I could see if cloud gaming is good enough.

Input lag has made it utterly unplayable. Audio has been distorted and graphics have had a lot of distortion too.

Move the mouse and it is a few hundred milliseconds before I see the pointer move.

Speed tests (including the one Stadia help direct you to) tells me my speed is fast enough.

I'm in the UK.

Chromebook + playing on Chrome in-browser.

I even bought a USB-Ethernet dongle to try it again with that. No improvement.

Turned down to up-to-720p graphics. No improvement.

Deactivating the Chrome mic permission made a massive improvement.

This was recommended here: https://community.stadia.com/t5/Stadia-on-Chrome/Fixing-stuttering-and-lag-on-Mac/m-p/24278#M1538

0 Kudos
Community Member

Hey @codesplice thanks for the reply.  For now I´m just playing on Chrome.  I don´t have Chromecast. What puzzles me is : From Yesterday to Today, my experience changed from Excellent to Unplayable.  Nothing has changed on my side, I´m still playing with the same "scenario"  (distance from router, settings etc etc ) 

0 Kudos
Community Member

One more thing to mention. My connection was always rated as "excellent" by Stadia while playing wireless. But now, it is still on Red even with wired connection 😞 very strange! 

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@EdMan I haven't noticed any issues but I'm not really near Chicago (north Alabama). Is this only an issue in Chrome or does it also show up on Chromecast and mobile?

0 Kudos