cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Chromium jankyness

Jump to solution

I play stadia with Chromium and it works..kinda.

But here's my issue -  When i installed Chromium i got 3.2MBps (30Mbps) then when i close Chromium and come back later toplay on stadia i only get 1.2MBps(10Mbps) But if i reinstall Chromium i'm back to 3.2 again and then it repeats i get back to 1.2 when restarting. It also works the same way when i remove all history and cookies. So at first i am amazed and get a pristine picture and then i return to a blurre mess of mashed potatoes.

I've been trying to goole around and i always end up att the google troubleshoot page but that's not my issue and there is therfore no solution on that page. so i try to ask here. if you can help me figure this thing out, if it's a settings thing or something in a cookie that's blocking the connection after one use.

Iam using Chromium on Linux because i want to, Yes i've tried Chrome aswell it's the same problem there. So the issue is not my OS just something with the browsers. I also have 150Mbps connection i've tried speedtest and the googlespeedtest aswell and they show the same.

Thanks a bunch if you can give me some pointers.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Community Member

Found an extension called 'The Stadia +' in the google extension shop and that solved my issues. I don't know why it solved them but it did.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
8 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Ormen Do you see the same issue in an Incognito Window? That might help to rule out extensions or corrupted profile data.

1 Kudo
Community Member

@codespliceIncognito window works the same as if i would reinstall or purge all history.

I would have to login to my google account again and it will work as intended. If i change tab in same incognito window and do something else and close the stadia tab and then return to stadia to play it would peak at 10Mbps again and it will all look blurry.

I'm begining to wonder if there is something with the stadia cookies, since if i clear everything stadia it will jump back up to 30Mbps again.

I'm getting gray hairs trying to figure this one out.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Ormen Very interesting.

What about if you use an incognito window (or a fresh install) for a while without hitting stadia.com? Do the speed tests still drop off after a while?

0 Kudos
Community Member

@codespliceOnly stadia it seems , the speed test looks just fine when using normaly, and i can just do what i usually do.

It seems even if i stay at stadia.google.com and just restart the game it has the same problem. something is limiting my speeds to stadia to 10Mbps when i have been playing.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Ormen That's really odd, and I'm afraid I'm running low on ideas at this point (and I also don't have a Linux system to test on). Maybe someone else will be able to offer some suggestions. 

In the meantime, please be sure to use the Feedback option in the Stadia web app to let the developers know what you're seeing.

0 Kudos
Community Member

@codesplice will try and look at facebook and se if they have any ideas. 

Thank you very much for your ideas so far!

1 Kudo
Community Member

Found an extension called 'The Stadia +' in the google extension shop and that solved my issues. I don't know why it solved them but it did.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Ormen Glad to hear it! 

0 Kudos