cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Chrome 4K connection issues

Good day all!

im having issues playing stadia in 4K on my PC due to the connection regularly fluctuating from 4K to fair.  Here is my details:

300mb/s download speed, wired connection

0 jitter

gtx1650 graphics card

4k monitor

ive tried chrome and edge.  Also on Chromecast I get a super smooth 4K stream.  

any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I've had similar issues with Stadia on Chrome on one particular PC, my office laptop (quad core i7, hardware not an issue) wired via ethernet.  I've never been able to root cause it but I suspect it has something to do with the litany of VPN clients on the machine even though having them all inactive doesn't make a different.  If you have any VPN clients installed and are willing to get rid of them temporarily to test I might try that - I don't have the luxury of removing it on my trouble PC to tell you if that helps or not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks for the reply! I don’t use VPNs so that wouldn’t be what was causing the issues.  Luckily the connection has been stable as of late “unsure why” as I haven’t made any further changes.  My internet connection at my home hasn’t changed but maybe it has to do with the servers.  

0 Kudos