cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Cannot launch game using only controller

Jump to solution

I haven't seen any posts on this but I'm trying to launch a game only using the controller.  I can navigate around the game menu, select a game, then the thumbnail pops up with the PLAY button in the middle and I can't hit any buttons to make it go.

edit:  I can only start the game if I click the play button with my mouse.  Which defeats the purpose of being able to do everything with a controller.

I'm using a bluetooth XBOX One S Controller but was even having this issue when I plugged it in before the wireless capabilities were just introduced.

Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Syntax You're not missing anything as far as I'm aware. That just seems to be how things work (or rather don't) for the time being. It's weird and I hope they'll fix it soon. 

If you haven't already, please be sure to use the in-app Feedback option to let the devs know that this needs to be improved.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
3 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Syntax You're not missing anything as far as I'm aware. That just seems to be how things work (or rather don't) for the time being. It's weird and I hope they'll fix it soon. 

If you haven't already, please be sure to use the in-app Feedback option to let the devs know that this needs to be improved.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
Community Member

Great, thanks for the tip -- I'll report it through the app.

0 Kudos
Community Member

This happens to me sometimes, but you are meant to be able to press the Play button with your controller.

I think it has something to do with where your input is highlighted in your Chrome browser. The last time I had this issue, I just pressed tab on my keyboard to go the next element in my Chrome browser, and then it worked. That seemed to have permanently solved the issue for me. Never had any issues since then.

Try hitting tab or shift+tab on your keyboard a few times, then press A on your controller after each time.

1 Kudo