cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Audio glitch during bootup?

Jump to solution

Every time I log on to Stadia and start up a game, or when I get a notification, or even when I unlock an achievement, the GUI audio seems to be at a lower pitch to what it is normally. I'm using my headset that is connected to my TV, where my TV serves as a monitor while also providing audio through my headset. I tried just using my laptop speakers, but that didn't solve it. I even reset Chrome, and I still have the issue! The "off-pitch" sound effects are starting to actually bother my ears a bit. Is there any way to solving this? (I'll link some audio comparing what's normal, and what I'm hearing. I think you'll be able to tell the difference)

Notifications:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13cExjUEPV0hjT4Zihbsmn_C-zlmthE1d/view?usp=sharing

Game Launch:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10O_lApZdoO7EC02F8NcQPu05f2reNgcj/view?usp=sharing

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I noticed this as well, around the time that Gylt became a claimable Stadia Pro game.  At the time, I actually thought it was a neat "twist" on how it was supposed to sound specific for the game because it sounded like the noise was intentionally made "spooky".  It only seems to do this through Chrome, not via the Chromecast Ultra.  I don't think there is anything we can personally do about it.

For what it's worth it doesn't seem to affect in-game audio at all, so I've just ignored it, but I can see how it could bother someone.  I suggest you leave feedback about this from within Stadia/Stadia app - that will ensure it gets to the right people to look into.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

I noticed this as well, around the time that Gylt became a claimable Stadia Pro game.  At the time, I actually thought it was a neat "twist" on how it was supposed to sound specific for the game because it sounded like the noise was intentionally made "spooky".  It only seems to do this through Chrome, not via the Chromecast Ultra.  I don't think there is anything we can personally do about it.

For what it's worth it doesn't seem to affect in-game audio at all, so I've just ignored it, but I can see how it could bother someone.  I suggest you leave feedback about this from within Stadia/Stadia app - that will ensure it gets to the right people to look into.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Alright. I guess I'll try to get used to it for now. Thanks anyway!

0 Kudos