cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

4K HDR in Chrome browser!

I'm not sure if this will work for anyone else, but I just got an update for my Chrome browser so I installed it and was like what the heck I'll try Stadia on Chrome. I'm now getting an excellent connection instead of I always used to get good connection and wouldn't you know it, I also am now officially running 4K HDR in Chrome! My display is a 43" 4K HDR Samsung Smart TV in case anyone's interested.

Edit: I jumped the gun when making this post. There is no "official" HDR for Stadia on Chrome yet.

2 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Is there a way to force 4k stream without having a 4k monitor ? Like in YouTube

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

Check Stadia+ extension in Chrome and make sure you select vp9. It should make It.

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

HDR ? .... Okay Realy ? 😁

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Yea.... I kind of jumped the gun when I made this post. Haha. My bad. There is no "official" HDR for Stadia on Chrome everyone. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Pompus i had it and was getting a crazy latency

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I can't stream at 4k over Chrome. Can anyone advise?

Running on a Win 10 Surfacebook 2 with Nvidia GTX 1060 (VP9 capable, confirmed)

50mbps wired connection

Connected to a LG 4k 60hz display via Display port

I get 60fps but in all games, only get 1280x720. Tried Stadia+ with no joy.

(4k HDR 5.1 works perfectly via my CCU) 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Have you set the connection quality to best quality visuals under data usage and performance in the stadia app? Also you can only get 4K if you're a pro member. I'm not sure if you are or not. Also, have you tried updating your Chrome browser?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

You can use the Stadia+ Chrome extension to force a 4K signal and VP9

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Interestingly, Chrome on desktop doesn't seem to play HDR videos on YouTube. Using the Edge browser does. Weird.

0 Kudos