cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

4K HDR in Chrome browser!

I'm not sure if this will work for anyone else, but I just got an update for my Chrome browser so I installed it and was like what the heck I'll try Stadia on Chrome. I'm now getting an excellent connection instead of I always used to get good connection and wouldn't you know it, I also am now officially running 4K HDR in Chrome! My display is a 43" 4K HDR Samsung Smart TV in case anyone's interested.

Edit: I jumped the gun when making this post. There is no "official" HDR for Stadia on Chrome yet.

2 Kudos
9 Replies
Community Member

Is there a way to force 4k stream without having a 4k monitor ? Like in YouTube

1 Kudo
Community Member

Check Stadia+ extension in Chrome and make sure you select vp9. It should make It.

1 Kudo
Community Member

@Pompus i had it and was getting a crazy latency

0 Kudos
Community Member

You can use the Stadia+ Chrome extension to force a 4K signal and VP9

0 Kudos
Community Member

HDR ? .... Okay Realy ? 😁

0 Kudos
Community Member

Yea.... I kind of jumped the gun when I made this post. Haha. My bad. There is no "official" HDR for Stadia on Chrome everyone. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

I can't stream at 4k over Chrome. Can anyone advise?

Running on a Win 10 Surfacebook 2 with Nvidia GTX 1060 (VP9 capable, confirmed)

50mbps wired connection

Connected to a LG 4k 60hz display via Display port

I get 60fps but in all games, only get 1280x720. Tried Stadia+ with no joy.

(4k HDR 5.1 works perfectly via my CCU) 

0 Kudos
Community Member

Have you set the connection quality to best quality visuals under data usage and performance in the stadia app? Also you can only get 4K if you're a pro member. I'm not sure if you are or not. Also, have you tried updating your Chrome browser?

0 Kudos
Community Member

Interestingly, Chrome on desktop doesn't seem to play HDR videos on YouTube. Using the Edge browser does. Weird.

0 Kudos