cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

1080p max on a 1440p monitor?

Jump to solution
I recently installed a script to monitor Stadia performance on my desktop PC and every game I've tried maxes out at 1080p, I assumed I'd get 1440p. Windows 10 with latest Chrome version with hardware acceleration. VP9 codec 2560x1440 monitor, non HDR Good connection (350 down, 35 up) Data usage: Best visual quality PRO Latency: 25ms 1050ti & Ryzen 1600x Youtube at 1440p works fine, why not Stadia? Games tried: RDR2, GRID, Thumper, Destiny 2, Tomb Raider(s), Assassins Creed Odyssey.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Blaiki : Currently Stadia is limited to just 1080p via Chrome, higher resolutions are available only via CCU on a TV.  The expectation has been that additional resolutions woiuld be possible in 2020 but we don't have confirmation of the date that this will happen yet.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Blaiki : Currently Stadia is limited to just 1080p via Chrome, higher resolutions are available only via CCU on a TV.  The expectation has been that additional resolutions woiuld be possible in 2020 but we don't have confirmation of the date that this will happen yet.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

@Mad_Dog_Bravo : Thanks for the clarification. While impressed with Stadia, I can't help but feel a little disappointed due to expectations of 1440p @ 60fps on my PC 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Blaiki : Yes, I totally agree with you. The original features of Stadia that were stated by Stadia prior to launch got pulled back shortly before launch, certainly to the annoyance of a lot of users. Google know that they mistreated the user base in the way that it was handled, but currently it is what it is. Their focus on higher resolution has been on Chromecast rather than Chrome, but that will change soon enough in 2020 I’m sure. Else they will have a tough time getting folks to buy into the subscription model once the base edition is launched. 

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

This is a major annoyance for me, anything less that monitors 4k or 2k looks horrendous and visually quite unplayable. 

I only have 1080p on TV, bought the stadia to play on pc monitor as at point of purchase it said 4k not just limited to Ccu. So only getting 1080p regardless still atm.

Believe we get 3 months of pro/subscription on founders purchse? which is what's gets us us up to 4k. Really hope the 3 months don't start until 4k can actually be provided on pc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Professor78 : The 3 months trial period starts from the moment you commence your pro subscription either via Founders, Premier Edition or a Buddy Pass.  Once the 3 months has been used then regular monthly billing takes effect for the duration of the subscription being active.

So if you have already started your subscription then you have 3 free months starting from that date.  There was an announcement that 4K support was going to be rolling out to Chrome in Q1 2020 so it shouldn't be too much longer hopefully.  But the exact details of how it will be rolled out exactly is still unknown.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

any news when the 4K support is coming to chrome. now would be the perfect time when the 2 month free trial is.

0 Kudos