cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Your internet connection isn’t stable enough to play.

So, I have this problem. But when i run the speed test it tells me it's perfect. any ideas?Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 12.29.10 pm.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-12 at 12.28.52 pm.png

1 Kudo
14 Replies
Founder
Founder

Are you playing on wifi or ethernet?

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

My guess is that’s its your router. I play on WiFi and it’s generally great. Last week I changes my WAP in one side of the house and now I occasionally get a similar message - never gets as far as dropping off but says it’s unstable and will disconnect if the problem persists....so for me, it was an issue with the router. 

1 Kudo
Community Member

I’d say it’s wifi too and tbh google should warn people just how crappy the 5ghz band is, thought I knew my stuff about internet but got no real knowledge about advancements the last 5 year or so and pretty much assumed the higher ghz band was better than the lower in every way till it can barely reach my Chromecast about 3 metres away from router but with 2 doors in the way.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Generally the 5Ghz band will be a faster connection but it has less range than 2.4Ghz. They're not really so much "one is crappier than the other" but both have pros and cons. Not all devices will work on 5Ghz but if they can and are in the same room (for example) you would get a faster overall connection.

0 Kudos
Community Member

OnHug-GoogleWifi mesh does not allow to change 2.4 and 6 Ghz, but according to the google wifi app is my phone connected on the  GHz channel -and giving unstable connection errors.

0 Kudos
Community Member

They recommend to swtich TO 5ghz. rsrs

0 Kudos
Community Member

i am playing on ethernet and i am still facing this problem. plz help

0 Kudos
Community Member

I have the same issues; playing stadia on my S10+ gives me connection errors all the time (does not matter how far from wifi) while playing on my Chromebook (ASUS) w/o problems; both connected to the same wifi. My Wifi is an OnHub-GoogleWifi mesh network, with playing priority in wifi app turned on. 

Shame on Google, if their OWN wifi devices give wifi network problems, when using stadia. BTW: connection test of Stadia gives 'excellent' connection.

0 Kudos
Community Member

EDIT: I was really desperate about this lag issue, so did a factory reset of my phone; with all apps re-installing (quite a job!) -and it has resolved my issue! Obviously NOT a stadia/ wifi problem, but some unwanted settings on my phone. Everybody with similar issues; my advice is to do a factory reset (baah..).

0 Kudos
Community Member

If you are using wifi try to plug in Ethernet cable.

If you are using Ethernet, try to disable all extensions in chrome (such as adblocker etc.) and use only the stadia+ extension for stadia. Alternatively you can use the canary browser which disables all extensions right away.

gl

0 Kudos
Community Member

It's most likely your router running on 2 GHz instead of 5

0 Kudos
Community Member

Same Problem here, I'm using a wired connection and getting a good test connection result (25 Mbps) but can't play any games, I even tried and turned off chromes hardware acceleration as some users suggested that but still no profit, if anyone has any other solution to share, It'd be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Exact same issue for me but to a somewhat greater extent. I have gigabit internet and stadia fails to even launch a game regardless of if I'm playing on a PC wired to the modem, wired to a nest wifi router, a phone on the 5ghz "stadia traffic preferred network", or a Chromecast ultra wired into the router. I've tried talking to support on 4 different occasions, but they've all had the same "we'll look into it" answer. Meanwhile, my initial months of stadia pro wasted away. I would say there's about a 20% chance that a game ever actually launches and even then, they usually drop connection within a few minutes of gameplay. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

Im having the same problem and the worst thing is that i bought some games and a 1 year stadia suscription because some friends told me it would run ok and that it was a nice service

0 Kudos