cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Wireless on computer?

Hey guys, I haven't been on here for a while so I'm sorry if this is a repeat topic. Are we able to play wireless on a pc or laptop now? I'm asking because I'm considering buying an Xbox One control for my laptop if your can't yet. Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Jysoe77 : I'm able to play wireless with an Xbox 360 controller in conjunction with a Wireless Receiver for Windows, so I would imagine that Xbox One would be no different with a similar setup.

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

@Mad_Dog_Bravo I meant along the lines of, does the Stadia controller allow it yet. Thanks for your response though, I appreciate it 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@Jysoe77 
I misunderstood your post. Stadia controller wireless support for web was expected early 2020, the post kinda implied Q1 or early April but will just have to wait and see as I’ve seen no additional info recently. 

Kudos appreciated if deserved.
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Member

When I play using stadia controller plugged in by usb on chrome, a pop up says "wireless support coming soon".  Not sure when though.

3 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Wireless on different devices was one of the bigger selling points Stadia had for me.

Some poor programmer must really fumbled the ball when we still not have it.

Like mad dog is writing they will release it "soon" or beyond , their statement from  new year went like this

Gamers can expect more features coming to Stadia in Q1 and beyond. A key benefit of our platform is that we can add these features without any updates or downloads, and we’re starting to roll out the following over the next three months:

• Support for 4k gaming on the Web
  • Add further Assistant functionality when playing on the Web
  • Support additional Android Phones
  • Wireless gameplay on the Web through the Stadia controller

Stadia name Nightcrow#9757 🙂
0 Kudos