cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Wired controller keeps unlinking

Hey y'all - I have been using a couple of different controllers trying to figure this out, but I can't solve it. Any controller I use goes through these fits of unlinking. There's no pattern to it - sometimes it happens once or twice an hour, other times 15-20 times an hour. It's rare that it never happens. This happens with Destiny, PGA, Strange Brigade - any game I've played. Wired and unwired internet. I have two PS4 controllers and one 3rd party controller that I connect via USB, and it happens with all three. I really don't want the solution to be "buy the Stadia controller" because part of the draw of Stadia is that it can work with my existing jawns. 

Anyone out there have a solution?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Community Member

Sounds more like an issue with either the machine your connecting to or the USB cable you're using. I've had issues before with USB cables where they're connections are loose or bent and had this happen before when charging a phone when it'd constantly keep disconnecting. Likewise I've seen faulty USB ports do the same. I'd suggest try a new cable and use a different USB port if possible. Failing that can you try in another machine?

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Community Member

Thanks for the reply

This is across at least two USB cables and three different machines - a PC tower, PC laptop, and a Macbook Pro. The two cables were purchased together and are the same brand, so I'll try another one and see. 

Edit: I use these cables on my PS4 with no issues as well. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

So far this seems to have worked. Not sure why these two brand new cables aren't working, but using another cable seems to sustain the connection. 

0 Kudos
Community Member

That's good to hear, fingers crossed you're sorted. Like you say a bit of an odd one, I know sometimes the housing around the USB C cable can cause issues (several cables won't sit in my daughter's tablet quite right due to chunky plastic around it) but I can't see that being the case with the Stadia controller.

0 Kudos
Community Member

I have the same problem

0 Kudos
Community Member

Xbox One bluetooth connected to Windows 10 pc, Google Chrome browser stadia. During gameplay, the controller stops vibrational functionality and then later, suddenly, the game says the controller is disconnected, even tho it is still connected on windows 10 pc and fully functional and operational outside of the stadia in chrome browser. Reopening browser and starting game, the controller works for a minute, tho vibration often doesn't, and then the same happens again.

This is on F1 2020 codemasters game. Happened on 17 september 2020. happened 4 or 5 times. But the vibration functionality has been an issue that existed longer, before the stadia in game "controller unlinking". Which I experienced only today for the first time. But I don't play every day.

Ingame stadia also automatically selects the wrong controller/device "ingame controller saved options/settings" but manually selecting the correct one does not resolve the issue either.

0 Kudos