cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Will Journey to the Savage Planet be on Stadia?

I know that when Stadia Entertainment acquired Typhoon Studios they said that all of their future projects would be Stadia Exclusives, but I can't find any information about whether or not their currently slated game, Journey to the Savage Planet, will be in the Stadia at all. Anybody know if it will or not? Very curious!
3 Kudos
23 Replies
Founder
Founder

I am actually quite curious about this as well.  The article says it will release as planned, but doesn't mention if it will come to Stadia at all.  

YouTube will jump all over it if a Stadia studio has a game released and not on Stadia....

2 Kudos
Community Member

@LordVivec It seems a bit late to announce Stadia as an available platform to play the game- because pre-orders have already been sold- but because the Stadia isn't too much different from PC, it doesn't seem impossible to just add it on. Thank you for actually contributing an opinion and not just posting an article I've obviously implied I've read, kudos earned.
1 Kudo
Community Member

@LordVivec Right, that was my takeaway too. It says it would release as planned, but the "as planned" release was Xbox, PS4 and PC. So it's up in the air for Stadia.

My GUESS would be it only makes sense that they'll find a way to either build it for or port it to Stadia at some point. But it probably won't be at the same time it releases for the other platforms.

1 Kudo
Community Member

@Ratboy LOL! I read that article too (before that person posted it) and thought the same thing. But I didn't want to call anyone out.

2 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Yeah, I know it can't come out same time as the others (again people will latch on to that as a negative) but I am curious if they  develop a port for Stadia or use the resources to work on a new title exclusive.

2 Kudos
Community Member

@LordVivec I think they'll do both, it can't be that difficult to port. But they have the best advantage right now. For now they don't have to worry about it. They can release it and if it's popular enough then they can work on porting it here. If it's not popular they can forget it and focus on new stuff. So they're in a good position. But if it's a popular game I'm sure they'll find a way to get it on here.

3 Kudos
Founder
Founder

I think they didn't bother to mention the game is being ported to Stadia because it makes so much sense. But it will be on here soon or late, 100%. I bet it will come later, but the developer may bring some bonus in the stadia edition.
3 Kudos
Founder
Founder

This is kind of what I am hoping for.  It will be later (if it comes) but with some of the Stadia features that the service so desperately needs to showcase.

2 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

Funny thing: Before Google migrated Typhoon studios, I didn't even know what "Journey to the savage planet" is. But now that I actually read some more about that game, I would really love to see it on Stadia too! Looks like a great game! 😍

2 Kudos
Founder
Founder

@Chufu feel exactly the same way.

1 Kudo
Founder
Founder

Since E3 2019 the medias are enthusiasts about the game, at least on the french internet.

Maybe you can translate this page :

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/preview/1019771/journey-to-the-savage-planet-l-exploration-decomplexee-entr...

1 Kudo
Community Member

I definitely see alot if No Man's Sky in the title, and I hope to God that it's going to be the game we never got then. (I speak about release, how it is now- I have no idea) I'm very excited to give it a play and get my Typhoon Studios love started, but I'm at a crossroads between playing it when it first comes out.. on PS4.. or just waiting until the stadia client is available. And it's a tough one for sure!
1 Kudo
Community Member

I wonder if there is gonna be any update from Google if this game is coming.  Would be an instant buy for me if it was

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

Well, my guess is that the game will be released as a Stadia gave just the same time as the other platforms, I simply think it makes no sense to buy a developing company and priorize other companies..

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

I reached out to Typhoon and Google and no response.  

I ended up buying it for Xbox, it a fun game.  Been playing it via xcloud console streaming to my phone and having a good time with it.

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

lol they didn't answer because they wanted you to buy it on xbox/ps. It will come to stadia someday, probably not so soon though, i'd say next year

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

@LordVivec I'd say that then not giving a response is the expected behavior. As always developers and publishers wait until their own announcements to give that explanation.

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

I think it will be a given that this game will make its way on to Stadia. 

It seems to have been received well on the other platforms so I am sure the studio will be hard at work getting a Stadia version ready. 

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

It's a fun game, I would have rather waited for a Stadia release.  But no information hurts thier business.  I am having a great experience with Stadia, but the lack of simple communication for things like this is really disheartening.  And yes, I do get there is probably a legal block from the publisher but that doesn't diminish the frustration.

0 Kudos
Community Member

Well darn guess this will be one game that I buy outside of stadia. Sucks I was hoping to continue my support for stadia with purchases

0 Kudos
Founder
Founder

@SoloMinotaur I bought it for Xbox.  No word if it is coming.  Fun game though!

0 Kudos
Community Member

I think it’s more a question of “when” rather than if. They own the IP, Recoding in Vulcan is way cheaper than building from the ground up.

0 Kudos