cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Will Destiny the Collection be available for purchase?

Destiny 2 was a huge selling point for me purchasing Stadia and now I'm reading that when the Pro subscription ends, so will my access to the game. When it was originally advertised, many thought Destiny would always be available to Founder's Edition pre-orders. Since it has been confirmed that Destiny access will go away when my subscription ends, will there be a discounted purchase option in the future? I do not see myself continuing to pay for a game I already own on another platform simply to play on Stadia. I'm hoping to get an answer soon so that I may determine whether or not I will return the product.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@zachpas I can't offer official response, but my guess would be that the base Destiny 2 would be offered free to play like in other platforms, and the expansions will be available for individual purchases. Whether it will be available at discount or not, we don't know, and I have a feeling even Google doesn't know at this point.

If you want something official, you can try contacting Stadia support. Although at this point, I'm not sure even they know what'll happen. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Think about it this way, with the Founder's Package, you basically get the 3 months Pro sub for free. After 3 months up, and you decided you don't want Stadia anymore because Destiny 2 won't be available outside Pro membership, you have a good working bluetooth controller that you can use with other games, and a Chromecast Ultra you can use to stream other content. That's not a bad deal I'd say. But of course only you know what's worth for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
1 Kudo
Community Member

@Ivan While those things are nice, they are not the reason I bought Stadia. I was not in need of a chromecast as I already had one, nor do I need a bluetooth controller.

I'm ok with repurchasing the game because that's simply the cost of switching platforms, but not having it available for purchase is reason for me to return it. I have my doubts about if the F2P version is going to be available because there's nothing listed for it in the store.

0 Kudos
Stadia Guide
Stadia Guide

@zachpas I totally understand. I was just giving you a perspective. Looks like you already know what you want though 🙂

If anything, when looking at the store, there's two versions of Destiny 2 listed. One is Destiny 2, and the other is Destiny 2: The Collection. My guess is that the Destiny 2 will be the free to play version once Stadia base is launched.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please @mention when replying to me, so I can get notified
0 Kudos
Community Member

Hi Zach,

My understanding is that Destiny 2: the collection is available as part of the pro subscription providing a free game every month, the first month being exclusive to founders and premiere edition orders. When your pro subscription ends, so will your access to all free games claimed with Stadia Pro including Destiny 2: The Collection. As mentioned before, Destiny is now free to play across all platforms. So you will be able to continue to play Destiny 2 on Stadia, albeit without any of the free expansions that are given to you as part of your Pro subscription.

Hope this helps!

And that's the way the news goes.
0 Kudos